Reportedly, 17 people were injured and many are feared to be trapped following the collapse of an under-construction building's portion, in Kandanchavadi, Chennai. After the collapse of the scaffold and iron girders of the partially constructed hospital this incident happened.
Immediately after the news was out, 8 ambulances and 3 fire tenders were moved to the spot. As said by Chennai Collector Ponnaiyan, of the 20 people present at the accident spot, 17 were rescued out of the debris, and five of them were admitted to a nearby hospital as they sustained heavy head injuries.
The latest update is that 1 person
has died, and 32 were rescued with injuries and were transported to Apollo and
Royapettah hospitals for immediate treatment. The deceased person was
identified as Babloo from Bihar and the building that collapsed was that of an
upcoming hospital across SP city, and the 4 adjacent buildings close to the
damaged one also have minor damages.
Police arrested Kashmiri student for making insensitive posts about Pulwama terror attack Dehradun sources stated that Director General of Police Ashok Kumar on Sunday dispelled reports of Kashmiri students being attacked in Dehradun in the aftermath of the Pulwama terror attack, and asserted that "everything is normal." He told “Rumors are being spread on social media that girls here are not safe. Everything is normal here. We are providing full protection to everyone”.
- Mamata Banerjee condemned Pulwama attack, strong action against Pakistan
- Rajinikanth warned Media not to use his photograph for LS Polls 2019
- Pakistan Authorities cancelled registration of a school for playing Indian song & Flag
- Contribute to CRPF Families through this websites
- EPS spends 15 crores on ads!
- Chinnathambi locked in cage!
- No to BJP says Sarathkumar!
- Student thanks minister for slipper
- BIG BREAKING - Supreme court dismisses Vedanta 's plea to reopen #Sterlite plant in Tuticorin
- Cryptocurrency - The basics and all you need to know
- Madras HC orders for no flex boards for Jayalalitha's Birthday
- From March 3, eateries no longer allowed to reuse cooking oil more than 3 times
- New deadline for commissioning Kerala's Vizinjam Port extended to October 2020
- COAI feels new regulations are vague to violate privacy of users
- Overall Vegetable prices in January declined 4.21%