Reportedly, 17 people were injured and many are feared to be trapped following the collapse of an under-construction building's portion, in Kandanchavadi, Chennai. After the collapse of the scaffold and iron girders of the partially constructed hospital this incident happened.
Immediately after the news was out, 8 ambulances and 3 fire tenders were moved to the spot. As said by Chennai Collector Ponnaiyan, of the 20 people present at the accident spot, 17 were rescued out of the debris, and five of them were admitted to a nearby hospital as they sustained heavy head injuries.
The latest update is that 1 person
has died, and 32 were rescued with injuries and were transported to Apollo and
Royapettah hospitals for immediate treatment. The deceased person was
identified as Babloo from Bihar and the building that collapsed was that of an
upcoming hospital across SP city, and the 4 adjacent buildings close to the
damaged one also have minor damages.
Will KTR quit politics, if TRS lost Elections? Hyderabad sources stated that caretaker minister K.T. Rama Rao offered to quit politics once and for all if the TRS lost the elections. Replying to a volley of questions posed by journalists at a Meet the Press organized by the Hyderabad Press Club, he asked if any of the Opposition leaders were prepared to accept his challenge of quitting politics if their parties lost the polls. Meanwhile he said there were as many as seven surveys
- Cyclone Gaja crossed Tamilnadu coast between Nagapattinam & nearby Vedaranniyam
- PM Modi felicitated winning teams of Singapore-India Hackathon
- Social Activist Trupti Desai urged PM ensuring security for her visit to Sabarimala Temple
- Karunanidhi's Life Size Statue to be unveiled on December 16
- . Indian-American to replace Justice Brett Kavanaugh on DC Circuit Court of Appeals
- Gaja impacts throughout the state!
- Smriti Trolls DeepVeer!
- 13 year old dies in boxing contest!
- TN govt ready to face Gaja!
- Automated baggage check-in facility introduced for passengers in Bengaluru Airport
- Railway suspects passengers for missing Bed sheets & Towels in A/c Coaches
- KCR has No Loans, No Cars in his name
- Pawan Kalyans shocking comments on BJP
- Multi pronged strategy adopted by Telangana Cops to prevent Maoists threat
- Rahul Gandhi slams PM Modi & Anil Ambani in Rafael Deal