Piyush Goyal, the union interim finance minister had said after the 28th annual meeting of GST council that the Goods and Services Tax Council has decided to exempt taxation of sanitary napkins. Besides, items like deities made of wood, rakhi, will also not be taxed.
Goods and Services Tax on urea which is imported is now at 5%, and the tax on washing machines will be dropped from 28% to 18%. Other items which will be brought from 28% slab to 18% slab include trucks, lithium-ion batteries, grinders and mixers, water heaters, water coolers, toilet spray and perfumes, special purpose vehicles, paints, and varnishes.
The tax has been reduced to 12% on
handbags, framed mirrors, glass arts, bamboo flooring, and lamps. Piyush Goyal
also announced that these taxes decided will be in effect from July 27 and
that GST Council has so far cleared 46 amendments, to be passed in Parliament.
It was also announced that traders who have more than 5 crores turnover must
deposit tax every month though they don't need to file quarterly returns.
Why YS Jagan Sister made a complaint with Hyderabad Police? Reports added Mohan Reddy's sister YS Sharmila on Monday lodged a complaint with Hyderabad Police Commissioner seeking action against those trying to defame her by spreading rumors on social media. Furthermore she said "Some unknown people defamed me before 2014 elections by spreading fake rumors that she is having a relationship. Again, some people are trying to defame me on social media”.
- Mahesh Kathi comes with another controversy with Pawan Kalyan
- Trump ordered American feast of burgers for visiting football team
- Telugu comedian Brahmanandam undergone bypass surgery
- AK Sikri declines joining commonwealth tribunal!
- Kodanadu estate case investigation in peaks!
- UP minister's tells people to burn politicians!
- Supreme Court notice to central govt!
- A Judge partially blocked a set of Trump administration rules
- Follow Indian Traditions Leave Western Lifestyles: Venkaiah Naidu
- Unresolved differences between Kanchi Seer and Mahatma Gandhi continues
- Cockpit Voice recorder of Lion Air Jet found
- Modi said BJP worker is driven by National Interest & not by any self-interest
- KCR plans that will last generations
- RBI tokenizes transactions made through Debit, Credit & Prepaid Cards in India
- TNSTC announced it will operate an additional 14,263 services for Pongal