New Delhi sources added that UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi and Congress president Rahul Gandhi have taken a stand in favor of the Special Category Status to Andhra Pradesh. Meanwhile the newly constituted Congress Working Committee (CWC), which met for the first time under the chairmanship of party Chief Rahul Gandhi, has passed a resolution to accord the SCS to the residual state of Andhra Pradesh.
Moreover during the discussion on the Special Category Status to AP in the CWC, Odisha congress chief Niranjan Patnaik has raised that the Special Category Status should also be extended to the states of Odisha and Bihar stating that they are also backward. Intervening in the matter, first Sonia and later Rahul have raised objection. Accordingly Rahul and Sonia have made it clear to the leaders of the other states to not raise any objection while according to SCS to AP and asked them not to compare with the state of Andhra Pradesh.
Rahul added "Due to bifurcation, AP has lost financially. Injustice was done to AP that no other state should compare with AP and SCS has been promised to AP by then PM Manmohan Singh on the floor of the house. Moreover they are still committed to that promise and no one should raise an objection to it." Recently CWC has passed the resolution that defeating Narendra Modi is objective of the party and asked the party leaders of various states to work towards winning in 200 Parliament Constituencies in the 2019 general elections.
Cryptocurrency - The basics and all you need to know Cryptocurrency is a digital currency which is a medium of exchange. The transactions are verified and secured through cryptographic Methods, cryptocurrencies are made as database entries which can't be modified without meeting specific requirements.
- Madras HC orders for no flex boards for Jayalalitha's Birthday
- From March 3, eateries no longer allowed to reuse cooking oil more than 3 times
- New deadline for commissioning Kerala's Vizinjam Port extended to October 2020
- COAI feels new regulations are vague to violate privacy of users
- Overall Vegetable prices in January declined 4.21%
- BJP to make alliance announcement soon: Piyush Goyal
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick had great time on Valentines Day
- Dewan Housing Finance shares slumped to an intraday low of Rs. 103.95
- Ooty Lake to be cleaned soon
- TN soldier's family and village saddened by death!
- #PulwamaTerroristAttack - Brave Father's inspiring quote after son's death in Pulwama!
- Suicide bomber was 11th class dropout!
- School girl murder mystery resolved!
- Air India flights to Iraq begins operations after 30 years
- Dhanush congratulated Sai Pallavi for beating her own record saying 200 Million