New Delhi sources reported that Prime Minister Narendra Modi's five day and three nation tour of Africa starting on Monday will see India reaching out first bilaterally and then multilaterally under the BRICS umbrella to the continent. The External Affairs Ministry said "The visit to Rwanda, Uganda and South Africa will further strengthen our relations with the African continent".
Meanwhile over the last few years, there has been significant engagement in various fields with African countries. Furthermore there have been 23 outgoing visits to Africa by the President, Vice President and Prime Minister in the last four years. The statement said "Africa has been the top priority of India's foreign policy”. Moreover cooperation in defense and agriculture will be Modi's priorities during his bilateral visits to Rwanda and Uganda before he goes to South Africa for the annual Brazil, Russia, India China, and South Africa (BRICS) Summit.
Accordingly this will be Modi's second visit to mainland Africa after he
visited Mozambique, South Africa, Tanzania and Kenya in 2016. South Africa is organizing
the 10th BRICS leaders' Summit under the theme "BRICS in Africa Collaboration
with Developing Countries for Inclusive Growth and Shared Prosperity in the
Fourth Industrial Revolution". Further Modi, along with other BRICS
leaders, will participate in the restricted session, plenary session, leaders'
retreat, outreach with leaders from Africa and outreach with leaders from the
Mahindra & Mahindra rolled out electric 3 wheeler auto rickshaw in Bengaluru According to sources "The 3 wheeler range Treo and Treo Yaari are powered with lithium ion battery, which gives 170 km ride for a single charge, said Mahindra Electric Mobility Ltd Chairman Pawan Goenka on the occasion. Meanwhile the $21 billion Mahindra group has invested Rs 100 crore in setting up a technology plant in the city's southern outskirts, with an installed capacity of 25,000 units per annum to make the e-autos for Karnataka initially.
- Sabarimala Temple Police Officers instructed to follow new Dress Code
- Will Pawan Kalyan contest from Eluru Constituency?
- TN CM announced Rs. 10 lakhs for families of deceased hit by Cyclone Gaja
- California's deadliest wildfires soared to more than 600, Trump to make his visit
- Granddaughter of TDP founder & late Chief Minister NT Rama Rao get TDP ticket
- Will forecast come true for TRS & give KCR another chance to rule Telangana?
- TN govt against Gaja!
- Secret pregnancy revealed by actor!
- Post Gaja, there's another threat!
- Vedaranyam heavily impacted by Gaja!
- Chandrababu Naidu leaving no leaf unturned to take on Modi
- Arvind Kejriwal to campaign in Telangana for AAP candidates
- Wedding Photos of Deepika Padukone & Ranveer Singh leaked out
- Will KTR quit politics, if TRS lost Elections?
- Cyclone Gaja crossed Tamilnadu coast between Nagapattinam & nearby Vedaranniyam