New Delhi sources reported that Prime Minister Narendra Modi's five day and three nation tour of Africa starting on Monday will see India reaching out first bilaterally and then multilaterally under the BRICS umbrella to the continent. The External Affairs Ministry said "The visit to Rwanda, Uganda and South Africa will further strengthen our relations with the African continent".
Meanwhile over the last few years, there has been significant engagement in various fields with African countries. Furthermore there have been 23 outgoing visits to Africa by the President, Vice President and Prime Minister in the last four years. The statement said "Africa has been the top priority of India's foreign policy”. Moreover cooperation in defense and agriculture will be Modi's priorities during his bilateral visits to Rwanda and Uganda before he goes to South Africa for the annual Brazil, Russia, India China, and South Africa (BRICS) Summit.
Accordingly this will be Modi's second visit to mainland Africa after he
visited Mozambique, South Africa, Tanzania and Kenya in 2016. South Africa is organizing
the 10th BRICS leaders' Summit under the theme "BRICS in Africa Collaboration
with Developing Countries for Inclusive Growth and Shared Prosperity in the
Fourth Industrial Revolution". Further Modi, along with other BRICS
leaders, will participate in the restricted session, plenary session, leaders'
retreat, outreach with leaders from Africa and outreach with leaders from the
PM Narendra Modi catapults more projects in Varanasi Lucknow sources stated that Launching development projects worth Rs 550 crore, Prime Minister Narendra Modi said Varanasi is being developed as the “Gateway to East India” and presented a report card to voters of his Lok Sabha constituency, claiming that before his election the holy city was at the mercy of the Lord under previous governments.
- Hong Kong based airline painted out error in Company's Name
- Big win for Women Rights activists in Muslim Community in india
- EC yet to come out with poll schedule for Telangana
- UP Govt Doctors to stage protest on October 1
- Is Kapu community is moving away from YCP?
- Another brutal murder in Andhra - SHOCKING BRUTAL VIDEO Inside
- Stalin demands resignation of Thangamani!
- Will Congress give Special Status to AP?
- PMK ropes in an actor!
- You will be shocked to know Modi's asset value - No Cars or Houses!
- Apollo's shocker on CCTV!
- Pandya injured - Damage for India?
- Hima Das name nominated for Arjuna Award
- Korean Presidents signs agreement to Ease Tension
- Ambati questioned Chandrababu's motive behind involving in affairs of TRS party