New Delhi sources reported that Prime Minister Narendra Modi's five day and three nation tour of Africa starting on Monday will see India reaching out first bilaterally and then multilaterally under the BRICS umbrella to the continent. The External Affairs Ministry said "The visit to Rwanda, Uganda and South Africa will further strengthen our relations with the African continent".
Meanwhile over the last few years, there has been significant engagement in various fields with African countries. Furthermore there have been 23 outgoing visits to Africa by the President, Vice President and Prime Minister in the last four years. The statement said "Africa has been the top priority of India's foreign policy”. Moreover cooperation in defense and agriculture will be Modi's priorities during his bilateral visits to Rwanda and Uganda before he goes to South Africa for the annual Brazil, Russia, India China, and South Africa (BRICS) Summit.
Accordingly this will be Modi's second visit to mainland Africa after he
visited Mozambique, South Africa, Tanzania and Kenya in 2016. South Africa is organizing
the 10th BRICS leaders' Summit under the theme "BRICS in Africa Collaboration
with Developing Countries for Inclusive Growth and Shared Prosperity in the
Fourth Industrial Revolution". Further Modi, along with other BRICS
leaders, will participate in the restricted session, plenary session, leaders'
retreat, outreach with leaders from Africa and outreach with leaders from the
History Maker: Kotii Reddy Saripalli - Founder of Kotii group of ventures Dr. Kotii Reddy Saripalli is a prominent Indian Businessman and is the founder of Kotii Group of Ventures, Hyderabad. He comes from a middle-class family and he was selected by Microsoft as Project Head even though he never completed a college degree.
- Gold prices skyrocket!
- Saudi comes to Pak support!
- Mastermind of Pulwama attack dead!
- Kamal's takes a dig at Stalin!
- YS Jagan needs to be reminded charity begins at home
- Ex-PM highlights rural indebtedness, urban chaos
- PMK will support AIADMK- BJP front in Tamilnadu in general elections
- French researchers found 5.8 million Indane customer records
- Will Sania Mirza be removed as brand ambassador of Telangana ?
- Freedom we have is very expensive due to CRPF Employees
- Why India raised Pulwama attack issue at Munich Conference?
- RBI found large divergence in the books of Yes Bank
- Tamilisai welcomes Kamal speech!
- Kiran Bedi Vs Narayanasamy intensifies!
- Kaduvetti Guru's mother against Anbumani!