Tirupathi sources reported that as many as 30 Hindu pontiffs and about 300 activists will march from Vijayawada to Tirupathi to press their demand for a committee to inquire into allegations that jewels donated to the Lord Venkateswara temple in Tirupathi have gone missing. Accordingly they will start the padyatra or March after offering a sari at the Kanakadurga temple in Vijayawada on July 29 and they will then walk about 30 km a day and are scheduled to reach Tirupati on August 12.
Meanwhile Saivakshetram head Siva Swamy said, “Before we complete the 15 day march, the government should constitute a committee to find the facts to clear the allegations on the jewels of lord Venkateswara. Moreover the committee should contain board members, members of Vedic committee, Swamijis, gemologists and appraisers and if the government doesn’t constitute the said committee before completion of our 15 day foot march, then our action plan will be immediately announced at the public meeting.”
Furthermore the government tried to appoint Christians as board members
and the appointment of the chairman, Putta Sudhakar Yadav, was opposed by many,
but some of the leaders had played some politics. They don’t know what the
government wants to do with TTD or Hindu devotees.
136 people died after a ferry capsized on Lake Victoria, Tanzania Accordingly many are missing and it is feared that more than 200 people in total may have drowned. Rescue efforts resumed on Friday after being halted overnight. As per report the MV Nyerere ferry overturned near Ukara Island on its way from Bugorora. Meanwhile it is thought the overloaded vessel tipped over when crowds on board moved to one side as it docked.
- Karnataka CM Kumaraswamy called for a Revolt against BJP
- Balapur Laddu sets a new Record as it fetches Rs.16.6 Lakhs in Auction!
- TN Govt opened bookings for the online sale of imported sand at Thoothukudi port
- PM Narendra Modi catapulted many projects in Odisha & Chhattisgarh
- Is Chandrababu Naidu elder than PM Modi in politics?
- Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case?
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!