Chennai sources have stated that in a relief to students, the Director of Matriculation Schools has directed private schools in the state to avoid holding special classes before and after school hours for students of Classes X, XI, and XII. Meanwhile according to a report, the decision was taken after a parent filed a complaint with the Directorate, stating that the long hours affect students physically and mentally.
Accordingly the communication states that students can benefit from education only if they are physically and mentally sound. Previously, the Director of Matriculation Schools had also asked private schools to avoid conducting special classes for competitive exams such as NEET during school hours. Furthermore when speaking to TOI, R Visalakshi, President of the Tamilnadu Private Schools Association, said that sufficient breaks were provided and that students were not overburdened, insisting that not conducting special classes would affect students at the end of the year.
She told “If we are not allowed to conduct special classes, we have to get consent letters from willing parents and conduct special classes for those students alone”. Reports added that private schools believe that special classes are for the benefit of the students. Moreover J Martin Kennedy, a member of the Tamilnadu Private Schools Association, added “Too many special classes are a hindrance for students, yes. But for competitive exams like NEET and JEE, special classes are needed”.
Schools, Colleges announced Holiday Holiday has been announced for schools and colleges within Nagapattinam, and Pudukottai districts. The Gaja cyclone formed in the Bay of Bengal has turned the lives of delta area people upside down, and though it has been two days since the cyclone had subsided, people living in delta areas have been facing a tough time, without food, water, and all other basic needs.
- Will H1-B Visa Holders to split Families?
- DeepVeer to hosts 2 Wedding Receptions
- Death toll in Tamilnadu due to Cyclone Gaja rose to 33
- NASA's Kepler space telescope to disconnect communication with Earth
- Mike Hussey feels Hardik Pandya's absence is greatest disappointment
- Anna University Exams postponed to December 13, 14 due to Cyclone Gaja
- Mobile app to track air pollution developed by Delhi students
- PM Narendra Modi campaigned at Chhattisgarh
- Congress privilege motion against Modi!
- Yogi Adityanath's hug challenge!
- Hyderabad Metro recording footfall of 80,000-85,000 passengers per day
- Controversial Ad of Kalyan Jewelry removed
- Donald Trump unlikely to get boot from Twitter even after threatening Iran
- Pack your Condoms too if you are going on a Tour of France - Here's Why...
- US Officials apologize to Sikh Minister as they forced to remove his Turban