Chennai sources have stated that in a relief to students, the Director of Matriculation Schools has directed private schools in the state to avoid holding special classes before and after school hours for students of Classes X, XI, and XII. Meanwhile according to a report, the decision was taken after a parent filed a complaint with the Directorate, stating that the long hours affect students physically and mentally.
Accordingly the communication states that students can benefit from education only if they are physically and mentally sound. Previously, the Director of Matriculation Schools had also asked private schools to avoid conducting special classes for competitive exams such as NEET during school hours. Furthermore when speaking to TOI, R Visalakshi, President of the Tamilnadu Private Schools Association, said that sufficient breaks were provided and that students were not overburdened, insisting that not conducting special classes would affect students at the end of the year.
She told “If we are not allowed to conduct special classes, we have to get consent letters from willing parents and conduct special classes for those students alone”. Reports added that private schools believe that special classes are for the benefit of the students. Moreover J Martin Kennedy, a member of the Tamilnadu Private Schools Association, added “Too many special classes are a hindrance for students, yes. But for competitive exams like NEET and JEE, special classes are needed”.
Karnataka Govt plans to set up free Wi-Fi in 198 wards Sources from Karnataka stated that in 2014, the Karnataka government introduced the first free Wi-Fi hotspot in Bengaluru’s MG Road. As per report, the disuse and slow speed rendered the project useless. Now, the government is planning to set up free Wi-Fi spots at public places in all 198 wards in the city
- Kerala to witness heavy rains for next 48 Hours
- 3 Maharashtrian Dishes You Must Prepare for this Ganesh Chaturthi
- Donald Trump and His Adventures in WWE
- Hyderabad youngsters stranded in Malaysia
- Telangana health coverage model is a robust program covering nearly 80 lakh families
- US badly attacked on Military parade in Iran
- TPCC Chief & KTR lashed out at Twitter
- BJP AP unit challenged CM Chandrababu Naidu for early poll
- Is there a political controversy between India & Former French President?
- No Bail for Karunas until October 5th!
- Madurai express to land in Thiruvarur!
- TN BJP Leaders clash within each others
- DMK leader involved in accident!
- Tanzania boat accident kills more than 200!
- Pakistan fan sings Indian National anthem!