Sources from Thanjavur stated that presently it is the problem of surplus water management that stares at the face of farmers and PWD engineers in Cauvery delta districts. Meanwhile with water reaching full level of Mettur dam, 32,274 cusecs released from the dam and a whopping 71,097 cusecs reaching the dam, it is going to be major problem to avoid wastage (going to sea) and storing water for cultivation and moreover the storage at the dam on Monday was 93.630 tmcft.
Accordingly Tamilnadu Chief Minister Edappadi K. Palaniswami has said that nearly 700 lakes and ponds will be filled up, but “how is it going to be done when most of them are not ready and desilting under Kudmaramathu is going on,” ask farmers. Meanwhile Sri Mannargudi S. Ranganathan, secretary, Cauvery Delta Farmers Welfare Association, said that this is a time to save water.
Ranganathan said “Minimum should be used for
irrigation and maximum should be saved. System tanks should be filled up and in
Vennar division, Vennar and Korayar have lot of system tanks which can be
filled. Moreover with respect to Baminiyar, desilting and repair works are
going on and hence water should be released later”. Furthermore the PWD has
increased the discharge from Mettur dam to 32,274 cusecs from 20,000 on Sunday.
From Grand Anicut canal 6,001 cusecs is released into Cauvery, 8,016 cusecs
into Vennar, 1,011 cusecs into Grand Anicut canal and 2,003 cusecs into
Kollidam from Monday.
Saudi Arabia auctions real estates of billionaire Maan al-Sanea Riyadh sources stated that Saudi Arabia will auction real estate owned by indebted billionaire Maan al-Sanea and his company starting next month to help repay billions of riyals due to creditors. Meanwhile sources familiar with the matter told Reuters, Sanea ranked by Forbes in 2007 as one of the world's
- In 2019 Lok Sabha polls, people will defeat BJP: Mamata Banerjee
- MK Stalin launched scathing attack on Edappadi Palaniswami leveling corruption charges
- Trump imposes additional tariffs on China from September 24
- Who is the Baahubali of Telangana?
- Yusaku Maezawa, founder & CEO of Zozo, First Tourist to Moon
- Domestic fuel prices continued to scale new height
- Heavy rains expected today as well!
- Vijaya Bhaskar gets aroused!
- Sunny gets a wax statue!
- A sleep ruins minister's life!
- Finance Minister announced Merger of 3 Banks
- Who is Country's Highest Earning MLA?
- North & South Korean Leaders Meet at Pyongyang
- Guys involved in Controversial WhatsApp chat to kill Defense Minister held
- Centre's decision to ban 328 FDC drugs brought 6,000 medicines on radar