Mumbai sources reported that BJP is expected to go solo in Maharashtra during 2019 Lok Sabha polls, reports have claimed. Even though the party is not breaking up its ties with the Shiv Sena yet, BJP chief Amit Shah has told the party leaders and workers to get prepared to fight next year’s general election alone.
A senior BJP functionary was quoted by saying “Party president Amit Shah has clearly told us to get ready to go alone and start preparations for all the 48 Lok Sabha seats and 288 Assembly seats in Maharashtra”. Meanwhile Shiv Sena chief Uddhav Thackeray on Monday said that he was fighting for the 'common man’s dream' and not for 'Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s dreams'. Furthermore the functionary also said that the meeting chaired by Shah in Mumbai on Sunday aimed to review poll preparations and measures to expand the electoral base of the organization in Maharashtra.
Accordingly sources said that the BJP chief asked party workers to get
ready for the possibility of a triangular or even four way contests with the
BJP and the Shiv Sena fighting Lok Sabha polls separately. Moreover a day
before the no-trust move, Amit Shah called up Thackeray and later, the BJP
claimed that the Sena would support the government and the Sena said that the
party would stay away in a huge embarrassment for the BJP.
Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case? Dharmabad sources made a statement that in a jolt to Andhra Pradesh CM Nara Chandrababu Naidu and the Dharmbad Court yesterday rejected the recall petition filed by the advocates who represented him. Meanwhile in connection with the Babli project protests case, the Court ordered that Chandrababu, despite being a Chief Minister, should attend the Court proceedings.
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!
- Krishnaswamy turns against Karunas!
- Daye suppression isn't the end!
- HD Kumaraswamy meets 3,000 people every week during 'Janata Darshan'
- Muslims across 31 districts of Telangana must get representation in 2018 Elections
- TN Dr. Ambedkar Law University to remove unqualified teaching staff & other staff
- Will Tamilnadu Govt make Helmet compulsory?