A privilege motion has been moved by Congress against Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Nirmala Sitharaman for giving false information regarding Rafale deal during the no-confidence motion debate in the Lok Sabha last week. Congress leader Mallikarjun Kharge initiated the privilege motion, writing a letter with the reason for the motion, to the speaker.
In case the motion is accepted by the Lok Sabha Speaker, it will be forwarded to the Committee of Privileges which will conduct a hearing after sending a notice. Privilege committee can also order suspension from the House for the member. During Rahul Gandhi's no confidence day speech he had mentioned regarding Rafale deal impacting central government and defense Minister Nirmala Sitharaman, adding that the French President had revealed there was no secrecy clause.
Later his claims were refused by Nirmala
Sitharaman and PM Modi, while the France government also clarified on the
same. However, Congress isn't ready to leave the issue, and Rahul Gandhi has
accused central government of involving in a scam in Rafael deal, urging
government to prove it clean.
Is Chandrababu Naidu elder than PM Modi in politics? According to sources it was stated that Modi is not his senior in politics. He is his senior," claimed Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Nara Chandrababu Naidu. Meanwhile Babu made this comments at the Gnanabheri program yesterday in Krishna district. Chandrababu said "He had entered politics way back in 1977 and he became the Chief Minister in 1995 whereas Modi
- Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case?
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!
- Krishnaswamy turns against Karunas!
- Daye suppression isn't the end!
- HD Kumaraswamy meets 3,000 people every week during 'Janata Darshan'
- Muslims across 31 districts of Telangana must get representation in 2018 Elections
- TN Dr. Ambedkar Law University to remove unqualified teaching staff & other staff