A privilege motion has been moved by Congress against Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Nirmala Sitharaman for giving false information regarding Rafale deal during the no-confidence motion debate in the Lok Sabha last week. Congress leader Mallikarjun Kharge initiated the privilege motion, writing a letter with the reason for the motion, to the speaker.
In case the motion is accepted by the Lok Sabha Speaker, it will be forwarded to the Committee of Privileges which will conduct a hearing after sending a notice. Privilege committee can also order suspension from the House for the member. During Rahul Gandhi's no confidence day speech he had mentioned regarding Rafale deal impacting central government and defense Minister Nirmala Sitharaman, adding that the French President had revealed there was no secrecy clause.
Later his claims were refused by Nirmala
Sitharaman and PM Modi, while the France government also clarified on the
same. However, Congress isn't ready to leave the issue, and Rahul Gandhi has
accused central government of involving in a scam in Rafael deal, urging
government to prove it clean.
Did Sasikala have special privileges in Jail? Reportedly Sasikala and Ilavarasi had a corridor to themselves in the Bengaluru Central Prison when they were lodged there in 2017 and they had free movement inside the prison and they met visitors for several hours at a time, completely against the prison rules. Meanwhile these were allegations made by IPS officer Roopa in mid-2017, and the one man commission that was constituted to probe her claims has vindicated her.
- Telangana CM KCR's ideology to make Telangana roads shine like a Mirror
- Lalu Prasad Yadav to get a verdict on January 28!
- H.Raja gets triggered with Stalin speech!
- Dhanush's costar reveals sexual harassment trouble!
- Did Congress MLA gift Mercedes Benz to Siddaramaiah?
- I salute Manohar Parrikar's efforts at work," PM Modi
- Muhurtam for Telangana CM KCR's Chandiyaagam is fixed
- Traffic diversions in Chennai for Republic Day Parade
- UNESCO names Rio De Janeiro as 2020 World's Capital Structure
- Sri Lanka wants to take back all Sri Lankan Tamil refugees in India
- Rythu Bandhu Scheme becomes part of National Agenda of action: Governor E.S.L. Narasimhan
- Maverick director RGV to come up with a creative poster goes Viral
- CM Chandrababu Naidu unveiled NTR statue
- Hyderabad Police booked 12 Websites for publishing defamatory article
- GHMC shelving its plan to revise property tax rates