Hyderabad sources reported that a top official said the Hyderabad Metro Rail Limited (HMRL) project expects to break even in six years. HMRL Managing Director NVS Reddy told reporters here after launching e-scooters of Metro Bikes for first and last mile connectivity at metro stations that "As per our financial model, L&T Metro Rail (Hyderabad) Limited will incur losses for about four to five years and sixth year it will break even that's what our expectation is”.
Presently the concessionaire L&T Metro Rail (Hyderabad) Limited is building the project across three corridors. Earlier in November last year, Prime Minister Narendra Modi had inaugurated a 30 km stretch between Miyapur and Nagole out of the 72 km long elevated metro project and there are 24 stations in the operational 30 km stretch.
Reddy said Hyderabad Metro is recording
footfall of 80,000-85,000 passengers per day, and once we open remaining two
sections he is expecting that it will be five lakh passengers per day and from
there 15 lakh passengers in the next couple of years." Moreover on the
Ameerpet to LB Nagar (16 km) stretch, Reddy said any time in August it will be
opened for passengers. Further when reacting to another query on commercial
space demand (spaces within Metro Rail stations and malls adjoining the
stations), Reddy "the commercial space demand is excellent".
Infosys co-founder awarded honorary degree of Doctor of Science by University of London Reportedly Infosys co-founder Narayana Murthy on Friday was awarded the honorary degree of Doctor of Science (Honoris Causa) by Royal Holloway, University of London, for his outstanding contribution to the field of Computer Science and the role model he represents in India and on the global stage.
- Holiday declared for all schools & colleges in Karnataka today due to Heavy Rain
- 4 Dams shutters opened in Kerala due to heavy rain
- To boost MSME CM Jagan launched "YSR Navodayam"
- Telangana ACB looks into ESI Medicine supplies scam
- PM Modi had asked people to send their ideas for his Independence speech
- 3 Day heavy rain warning given to Telangana: IMD
- Who is role model in AP?
- Will Anna Canteen workers be paid their salary?
- Your Porn viewing habits tracked by Google & Facebook
- Heavy Rain lashing Kerala
- AP state Govt Employees to get 30% HRA
- WB decided not to fund Amaravati Sustainable Capital City Development Project
- Central Government Behind World Bank Refusing Loan for Amaravati?
- Edappadi announced 2 New Districts for Tamilnadu
- Complaints Against Bigg Boss 3 Reaches Delhi