Hyderabad sources reported that a top official said the Hyderabad Metro Rail Limited (HMRL) project expects to break even in six years. HMRL Managing Director NVS Reddy told reporters here after launching e-scooters of Metro Bikes for first and last mile connectivity at metro stations that "As per our financial model, L&T Metro Rail (Hyderabad) Limited will incur losses for about four to five years and sixth year it will break even that's what our expectation is”.
Presently the concessionaire L&T Metro Rail (Hyderabad) Limited is building the project across three corridors. Earlier in November last year, Prime Minister Narendra Modi had inaugurated a 30 km stretch between Miyapur and Nagole out of the 72 km long elevated metro project and there are 24 stations in the operational 30 km stretch.
Reddy said Hyderabad Metro is recording
footfall of 80,000-85,000 passengers per day, and once we open remaining two
sections he is expecting that it will be five lakh passengers per day and from
there 15 lakh passengers in the next couple of years." Moreover on the
Ameerpet to LB Nagar (16 km) stretch, Reddy said any time in August it will be
opened for passengers. Further when reacting to another query on commercial
space demand (spaces within Metro Rail stations and malls adjoining the
stations), Reddy "the commercial space demand is excellent".
PM Narendra Modi campaigned at Chhattisgarh According to sources Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday took on the Congress at an election rally in Chhattisgarh, saying that the party which had governed India for most of its independent history had strived to improve the fortunes of the Nehru-Gandhi family rather than develop the country. Meanwhile hitting out at Congress chief Rahul Gandhi, who has accused the BJP of corruption and crony
- Congress privilege motion against Modi!
- Yogi Adityanath's hug challenge!
- Hyderabad Metro recording footfall of 80,000-85,000 passengers per day
- Controversial Ad of Kalyan Jewelry removed
- Donald Trump unlikely to get boot from Twitter even after threatening Iran
- Pack your Condoms too if you are going on a Tour of France - Here's Why...
- US Officials apologize to Sikh Minister as they forced to remove his Turban
- Two-Wheeler owners to get incentives?
- Leaders can take a lesson or two to watch KTR & Pawan words in public
- Iraqi Airways suspend 2 pilots who fought for food tray
- AP Govt taken a sensational decision restricting CBI's entry into AP
- Mahindra & Mahindra rolled out electric 3 wheeler auto rickshaw in Bengaluru
- Sabarimala Temple Police Officers instructed to follow new Dress Code
- Will Pawan Kalyan contest from Eluru Constituency?
- TN CM announced Rs. 10 lakhs for families of deceased hit by Cyclone Gaja