As per report as income taxpayers scramble to file their returns before the July 31, the Income Tax department of Andhra and Telangana released highlights about last year’s income tax on Monday. Accordingly a Hyderabad based woman working with a city based Information Technology firm paid the highest income tax in Telangana and Andhra Pradesh last year. Meanwhile with a salary of Rs 30 crore per annum, the techie paid Rs 9 crore 30% of her annual salary as income tax for the financial year 2016-17.
SP Choudhary, Principal Chief Commissioner of Income Tax of AP and Telangana at the annual press conference of the I-T department held at Hyderabad on Monday said “The woman employee is the top salaried taxpayer in Hyderabad region, but she may not figure among the top salaried taxpayers at the national level as there would be many in other parts of the country”.
Moreover the top income tax payer in Vijayawada
Region is the Tirupathi based Amara Raja Batteries, owned by TDP MP Jayadev
Galla and his father Galla Ramachandra Naidu. Choudhury said “For the past two
years, Amara Raja has been the topmost income tax payer in Andhra and they have
invited Galla Ramachandra Naidu as a guest of honor for the I-T day
celebrations on Friday”.
Chennai Snake Park to design App for snake bite treatment Chennai sources added that in order to create awareness about snake bite treatment and management, the Chennai Snake Park, located inside the Guindy National Park, is all set to develop an ‘app’ system, which has elaborate details on snake bites. Meanwhile the sources said that snake bite cases are often reported particularly in rural areas and since most people, bitten by such venomous snakes
- Will TN people join Dr. Tamilisai Soundararajan for nominating PM Modi for Nobel Peace Prize?
- Incessant rain triggered flash floods & landslides in Northern India
- MD, New VP of India Operations appointed by FB
- Bengaluru to receive heavy rain this week
- Will Harish get more majority to KCR in the ensuing elections?
- TPCC Working President confident SB Congress winning in Telangana
- Mother of one of 7 convicts in Rajiv Gandhi assassination case met TN Governor
- Maoist killers identified!