Islamabad sources reported that Pakistan had election on Wednesday to elect a new National Assembly and provincial assemblies following a chaotic and distasteful election campaign marred by terror attacks and unprecedented accusations of interference by the military.
Meanwhile with former Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif in jail over corruption charges along with his daughter and son-in-law, the main contestants will be his demoralized Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N), cricketer turned politician Imran Khan's PTI and the Pakistan People’s Party (PPP) with scores of smaller parties also in the fray. Furthermore Imran Khan's Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaaf (PTI), which critics say has the covert backing of the military establishment, is said to enjoy a slight lead over its rivals and the flamboyant politician has threatened to upset the traditional political bigwigs.
Moreover there are among 260 candidates fielded under the umbrella of 'Allah-o-Akbar
Tehreek', which was registered with the Election Commission in 2011. Further the
last democratically elected government completed its full term on May 31 but by
then Pakistan was in turmoil, with Imran Khan launching a no-holds barred
attack on Nawaz Sharif, who was forced to step down as Prime Minister by a
court on corruption charges.
Chennai Snake Park to design App for snake bite treatment Chennai sources added that in order to create awareness about snake bite treatment and management, the Chennai Snake Park, located inside the Guindy National Park, is all set to develop an ‘app’ system, which has elaborate details on snake bites. Meanwhile the sources said that snake bite cases are often reported particularly in rural areas and since most people, bitten by such venomous snakes
- Will TN people join Dr. Tamilisai Soundararajan for nominating PM Modi for Nobel Peace Prize?
- Incessant rain triggered flash floods & landslides in Northern India
- MD, New VP of India Operations appointed by FB
- Bengaluru to receive heavy rain this week
- Will Harish get more majority to KCR in the ensuing elections?
- TPCC Working President confident SB Congress winning in Telangana
- Mother of one of 7 convicts in Rajiv Gandhi assassination case met TN Governor
- Maoist killers identified!