Sources from Ooty stated while train based tourism promotion in the Nilgiri Mountain Railway (NMR) has begun to pick up after a couple of recent new initiatives, passenger fare is all set to go up from October. As per report the good patronage for the summer specials this year and the recent train based picnic round trip between Ooty and Ketti with enhanced fare seems to have given confidence to the railway administration to go for a fare hike in NMR.
Meanwhile after stating that the time has come to go for a fare hike in this sector, Mr. U. Subbarao, divisional railway manager (DRM) at Salem, told DC in a conversation, that the proposed fare hike in NMR is from Mettupalayam-Ooty (per trip): first class existing fare Rs 195/- ; hike proposed is Rs 395/-., second class-Rs 30/- to Rs 130/-.,second class (unreserved)-Rs 15/- to `75/-.
Moreover Mettupalayam-Coonoor (per trip): first class-Rs 174/- to Rs 295/-,
second class-Rs 25/- to Rs 65/-., second class(unreserved)-Rs 10/- to Rs 45/
and Coonoor to Ooty (per trip): first class-Rs 142/- to Rs 225/-., second
class-Rs 25/- to Rs 70/-.., second class (unreserved)-Rs 10/- to Rs 35/-. He noted
“When compared with other hill railways over India the existing passenger fare
of NMR is lower. It is inevitable to increase the prevailing passenger fare on par
with expenditure incurred”. Further Mr. Subbarao added that the proposed fare
hike will come into effect in the NMR from October 8.
Artisanal bread bakers order numbers almost doubled in Bengaluru Accordingly many bakers have seen an increase in order volumes in the past year, along with a greater interest in sourdough bread from customers. It’s said to be more easily digestible, with a lower glycemic index that doesn’t cause blood sugar spikes the way normal refined flour bread does. Samruddhi Nayak,
- Chief Secretary Stalls Chandrababu Government's 1000 Crore Loan
- Janasena's First Review Meeting After 10 Days of Polling
- US government taking aim at India based call centre scam industry
- Janasena Loses Its Most-Vocal TV Face
- Indigo has very aggressive fleet expansion plans
- Hottest Bet of Andhra Pradesh Elections
- Sidda candidature helps TDP to get more votes in Towns!
- Rajinikanth all set to contest Assembly elections in Tamilnadu
- Kudos to CBN
- KCR To Gift A Plum Post to His Arch-Rival
- AMMK leader TTV Dhinakaran unanimously elected as its general secretary
- Chandrababu Naidu confident winning LS Polls?
- No Ego Whatsoever for KCR
- Hyderabad Metro Rail launched shuttle buses services
- YS Jagan Skips Ramoji Rao's Grand Daughter Wedding