Sources from Ooty stated while train based tourism promotion in the Nilgiri Mountain Railway (NMR) has begun to pick up after a couple of recent new initiatives, passenger fare is all set to go up from October. As per report the good patronage for the summer specials this year and the recent train based picnic round trip between Ooty and Ketti with enhanced fare seems to have given confidence to the railway administration to go for a fare hike in NMR.
Meanwhile after stating that the time has come to go for a fare hike in this sector, Mr. U. Subbarao, divisional railway manager (DRM) at Salem, told DC in a conversation, that the proposed fare hike in NMR is from Mettupalayam-Ooty (per trip): first class existing fare Rs 195/- ; hike proposed is Rs 395/-., second class-Rs 30/- to Rs 130/-.,second class (unreserved)-Rs 15/- to `75/-.
Moreover Mettupalayam-Coonoor (per trip): first class-Rs 174/- to Rs 295/-,
second class-Rs 25/- to Rs 65/-., second class(unreserved)-Rs 10/- to Rs 45/
and Coonoor to Ooty (per trip): first class-Rs 142/- to Rs 225/-., second
class-Rs 25/- to Rs 70/-.., second class (unreserved)-Rs 10/- to Rs 35/-. He noted
“When compared with other hill railways over India the existing passenger fare
of NMR is lower. It is inevitable to increase the prevailing passenger fare on par
with expenditure incurred”. Further Mr. Subbarao added that the proposed fare
hike will come into effect in the NMR from October 8.
Trump cancelled his own participation in Davos, citing row over his proposed wall Washington sources reported that President Donald Trump on Thursday cancelled the US delegation's trip to the annual international conference at Davos, saying the officials were needed in Washington to tackle the shutdown of the federal government. A statement from Press Secretary Sarah Sanders said "Out of consideration for the 800,000 great American workers not receiving pay and to ensure
- Telangana & AP extended time limit for interstate transfers
- Trump coming out with reforms giving H-1B visa holders certainty to stay in US
- SC appoints Ombudsman for Hardik & Rahul comments
- Rakesh Asthana ousted from CBI!
- TASMAC surpasses Petta!
- Congress MP's trolls Amit and gets criticism!
- World's top four Richest Celebrity list with their individual net worth
- RBI Governor to cut Interest Rates
- PhonePe seen a remarkable growth in 2018 in offline business
- Vijayashanthi questions Why TRS shows fake statements
- SC orders protection for counterfeit travelers in Sabarimala issue
- Boxing Legend Muhammad Ali name for US Airport
- Reliance Jio Net Profit jumped to 65%
- Arun Jaitley to increase Income Tax Slabs Tax Rate
- Ola Money Postpaid offers a 15 day credit line to passengers