Sources from Ooty stated while train based tourism promotion in the Nilgiri Mountain Railway (NMR) has begun to pick up after a couple of recent new initiatives, passenger fare is all set to go up from October. As per report the good patronage for the summer specials this year and the recent train based picnic round trip between Ooty and Ketti with enhanced fare seems to have given confidence to the railway administration to go for a fare hike in NMR.
Meanwhile after stating that the time has come to go for a fare hike in this sector, Mr. U. Subbarao, divisional railway manager (DRM) at Salem, told DC in a conversation, that the proposed fare hike in NMR is from Mettupalayam-Ooty (per trip): first class existing fare Rs 195/- ; hike proposed is Rs 395/-., second class-Rs 30/- to Rs 130/-.,second class (unreserved)-Rs 15/- to `75/-.
Moreover Mettupalayam-Coonoor (per trip): first class-Rs 174/- to Rs 295/-,
second class-Rs 25/- to Rs 65/-., second class(unreserved)-Rs 10/- to Rs 45/
and Coonoor to Ooty (per trip): first class-Rs 142/- to Rs 225/-., second
class-Rs 25/- to Rs 70/-.., second class (unreserved)-Rs 10/- to Rs 35/-. He noted
“When compared with other hill railways over India the existing passenger fare
of NMR is lower. It is inevitable to increase the prevailing passenger fare on par
with expenditure incurred”. Further Mr. Subbarao added that the proposed fare
hike will come into effect in the NMR from October 8.
Cyclone Alert over west-central Bay of Bengal: IMD Accordingly a cyclone alert has been issued for the northern coastal region of the state of Andhra Pradesh with the Indian Meteorological Department predicting 'very heavy to extremely heavy' rains in the region. Meanwhile the IMD has stated that depression has formed over west-central Bay of Bengal which could intensify into a cyclonic storm.
- Why BJP spoiled alliance between TDP and TRS?
- Pakistan ready to discuss terrorism, Imran Khan pens PM Modi
- Bilateral dialogue between Washington & Pyongyang stalled on how to move denuclearization process
- Signing up for the credit line to receive Instant access on Flipkart
- Train Services stopped at Kerala, Bengaluru & Coastal Karnataka resumes
- Mis-happening at Jet Airways focus Mumbai to Jaipur
- Police tightens grip on H Raja!
- Karunas blackmails police!
- HAL former chief on Rafel controversy!
- Coimbatore college Managing Director's Cheap act!
- AICC names leaders for 10 election related committees
- Stormy Daniels claimed that US President has 'an unusual penis'
- Can we know in advance about the condition & intensity of rains?
- Moon's mediation & Kim's commitment at summit satisfied Washington
- India complaints on Brutal killing of BSF Soldier by Pakistan troopers