Chennai sources added that barely a month after the state transport department flagged off 515 new modernized and luxury buses, some of them have started developing technical snags in various parts of the state. Meanwhile transport workers complain that the new model buses were not built properly, higher-ups in the department say they will communicate the feedback to the manufacturing company to rectify the issues.
Recently the union members urged the transport department not to waste taxpayers’ money in the name of new sleeper class buses. Moreover M. Shanmugam, general secretary of Labor Progressive Federation (LPF), said that even as he earlier welcomed the government move to procure new buses, he was not happy with the maintenance of new buses.
Shanmugam added “At least, the transport department
should go through a proper tender process. If the buses are not fit, the
manufacturing company should return the amount allotted for building buses”.
Furthermore when sought for comment, PWC Davidar, additional chief secretary
(transport), told DC, “all new buses are properly operated and there may be
slight technical issues, as building of bodies and chassis of buses are manufactured
in separate places and have instructed transport region officials concerned to
communicate us about the issues for sending feedback to the manufacturing
Which Party Spent The Maximum in AP Elections? Senior Telugu Desam Party leader and Lok Sabha member from Anantapur J C Diwakar Reddy, who calls spade a spade on any issue went on to say that all parties together have spent a mammoth 10000 Crore in the recent Andhra Pradesh Elections. He himself admitted that he had spent Rs 50 crore for the victory of his son J C Pawan from Anantapur Parliament.
- TDP Already Agreed Roja's Victory in Nagari?
- 50 Telangana Farmers To Contest Against Prime Minister Modi
- Chief Secretary Preparing Files on Chandrababu Crimes
- Will AP poll results bring back future for Anil Chandra Punetha?
- Were Fisherman votes deliberately removed?
- Unseasonal Rains hit Hyderabad
- 3 staff from Suresh Kallada travels Arrested for assaulting passengers - WATCH VIDEO
- Police officials in Kalaburagi shut down an operation run by BJP IT cell
- AMMK leader Thanga Tamilselvan had 'suspicion' about officials deployed for poll work
- Did Pawan Kalyan make shocking statements against TRS Chief KCR?
- #Phase3 voting underway in 14 States & UTs
- Do we have Nuclear Bombs for Diwali ?? Modi bursts out
- ACTOR VIJAY FANS CLUB ASSOCIATION CHAIRMAN Billa Jagan SHOT HIS OWN BROTHER and MURDERED him
- Senior MP made sensational comments about voters
- 87 more Bomb detonators found at Colombo Bus stand