Chennai sources added that barely a month after the state transport department flagged off 515 new modernized and luxury buses, some of them have started developing technical snags in various parts of the state. Meanwhile transport workers complain that the new model buses were not built properly, higher-ups in the department say they will communicate the feedback to the manufacturing company to rectify the issues.
Recently the union members urged the transport department not to waste taxpayers’ money in the name of new sleeper class buses. Moreover M. Shanmugam, general secretary of Labor Progressive Federation (LPF), said that even as he earlier welcomed the government move to procure new buses, he was not happy with the maintenance of new buses.
Shanmugam added “At least, the transport department
should go through a proper tender process. If the buses are not fit, the
manufacturing company should return the amount allotted for building buses”.
Furthermore when sought for comment, PWC Davidar, additional chief secretary
(transport), told DC, “all new buses are properly operated and there may be
slight technical issues, as building of bodies and chassis of buses are manufactured
in separate places and have instructed transport region officials concerned to
communicate us about the issues for sending feedback to the manufacturing
Saudi Arabia auctions real estates of billionaire Maan al-Sanea Riyadh sources stated that Saudi Arabia will auction real estate owned by indebted billionaire Maan al-Sanea and his company starting next month to help repay billions of riyals due to creditors. Meanwhile sources familiar with the matter told Reuters, Sanea ranked by Forbes in 2007 as one of the world's
- In 2019 Lok Sabha polls, people will defeat BJP: Mamata Banerjee
- MK Stalin launched scathing attack on Edappadi Palaniswami leveling corruption charges
- Trump imposes additional tariffs on China from September 24
- Who is the Baahubali of Telangana?
- Yusaku Maezawa, founder & CEO of Zozo, First Tourist to Moon
- Domestic fuel prices continued to scale new height
- Heavy rains expected today as well!
- Vijaya Bhaskar gets aroused!
- Sunny gets a wax statue!
- A sleep ruins minister's life!
- Finance Minister announced Merger of 3 Banks
- Who is Country's Highest Earning MLA?
- North & South Korean Leaders Meet at Pyongyang
- Guys involved in Controversial WhatsApp chat to kill Defense Minister held
- Centre's decision to ban 328 FDC drugs brought 6,000 medicines on radar