Chennai sources added that barely a month after the state transport department flagged off 515 new modernized and luxury buses, some of them have started developing technical snags in various parts of the state. Meanwhile transport workers complain that the new model buses were not built properly, higher-ups in the department say they will communicate the feedback to the manufacturing company to rectify the issues.
Recently the union members urged the transport department not to waste taxpayers’ money in the name of new sleeper class buses. Moreover M. Shanmugam, general secretary of Labor Progressive Federation (LPF), said that even as he earlier welcomed the government move to procure new buses, he was not happy with the maintenance of new buses.
Shanmugam added “At least, the transport department
should go through a proper tender process. If the buses are not fit, the
manufacturing company should return the amount allotted for building buses”.
Furthermore when sought for comment, PWC Davidar, additional chief secretary
(transport), told DC, “all new buses are properly operated and there may be
slight technical issues, as building of bodies and chassis of buses are manufactured
in separate places and have instructed transport region officials concerned to
communicate us about the issues for sending feedback to the manufacturing
Owner charged for forcing Indian Woman Atlanta sources reported that the owner of several Milwaukee area gas stations who was indicted for forced labor involving aggravated abuse harboring an alien for financial gain, and document servitude has reached a plea deal in the federal case against him. Meanwhile according to media reports Harshinder Bhatia agreed to plead guilty to a federal charge of “harboring an alien for financial gain”.
- Cyclone Gaja expected to hit coastal Tamilnadu & AP
- Actor Mohan Babu in support of TRS Party
- Green Challenge thrown by Telangana Government
- Wildfire in California killed 23
- New Rule in solving problems faced in NRI Marriages
- Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macao bridge anticipated to have 5G service
- AP CM Chandrababu Naidu expands his Cabinet with 2 Ministers
- Do you know which is Indias Most CONGESTED PLACE?
- Why Chiranjeevi neither meets Rahul Gandhi nor attends any Congress meetings?
- Minister's controversial talks!
- ADMK member ousted for sexual misconduct!
- RTI reveals truth in Rajiv killers plea!
- Gaja arrives soon, Red Alert!
- Demonetization & GST holds back India's growth: Raghuram Rajan
- Why Naidu meeting all leaders who are already opposed to PM Narendra Modi: Dr. Tamilisai