Chennai sources added that barely a month after the state transport department flagged off 515 new modernized and luxury buses, some of them have started developing technical snags in various parts of the state. Meanwhile transport workers complain that the new model buses were not built properly, higher-ups in the department say they will communicate the feedback to the manufacturing company to rectify the issues.
Recently the union members urged the transport department not to waste taxpayers’ money in the name of new sleeper class buses. Moreover M. Shanmugam, general secretary of Labor Progressive Federation (LPF), said that even as he earlier welcomed the government move to procure new buses, he was not happy with the maintenance of new buses.
Shanmugam added “At least, the transport department
should go through a proper tender process. If the buses are not fit, the
manufacturing company should return the amount allotted for building buses”.
Furthermore when sought for comment, PWC Davidar, additional chief secretary
(transport), told DC, “all new buses are properly operated and there may be
slight technical issues, as building of bodies and chassis of buses are manufactured
in separate places and have instructed transport region officials concerned to
communicate us about the issues for sending feedback to the manufacturing
Trump cancelled his own participation in Davos, citing row over his proposed wall Washington sources reported that President Donald Trump on Thursday cancelled the US delegation's trip to the annual international conference at Davos, saying the officials were needed in Washington to tackle the shutdown of the federal government. A statement from Press Secretary Sarah Sanders said "Out of consideration for the 800,000 great American workers not receiving pay and to ensure
- Telangana & AP extended time limit for interstate transfers
- Trump coming out with reforms giving H-1B visa holders certainty to stay in US
- SC appoints Ombudsman for Hardik & Rahul comments
- Rakesh Asthana ousted from CBI!
- TASMAC surpasses Petta!
- Congress MP's trolls Amit and gets criticism!
- World's top four Richest Celebrity list with their individual net worth
- RBI Governor to cut Interest Rates
- PhonePe seen a remarkable growth in 2018 in offline business
- Vijayashanthi questions Why TRS shows fake statements
- SC orders protection for counterfeit travelers in Sabarimala issue
- Boxing Legend Muhammad Ali name for US Airport
- Reliance Jio Net Profit jumped to 65%
- Arun Jaitley to increase Income Tax Slabs Tax Rate
- Ola Money Postpaid offers a 15 day credit line to passengers