Accordingly in the midst of the noisy, traffic-riddled streets of Bengaluru’s Indiranagar are a few canopied stretches surrounding the BDA Complex that provides the much needed relief to residents. Meanwhile hundreds of trees line the road connecting Old Madras Road and CMH Road. Moreover around 200 of them are located on the periphery of the BDA Complex. Many of the trees on the back end of the complex are over 70 years old.
Presently the Bengaluru Development Authority is planning to chop down 171 trees in order to redevelop the BDA Complex. Accordingly the 30 year old complex will soon be demolished and a new two-unit complex will come in its place. A BDA official said “The trees may be cut in a few days, depending on when the construction will begin”.
Furthermore BDA is likely to get the environmental
clearance to cut the tees as some of the trees listed are not protected under the
Environment Protection Act and these include peepal, banyan, Indian beech,
tulip tree, rain tree, silver oak, orchid tree, cherry, champak, java plum,
mango, lemon, neem, coconut, jack fruit, subabul tamarind and custard apple
trees. Moreover as per National Green Tribunal’s order, no construction can
come up in a lake or a storm water drain’s buffer zone and BDA did not carry
out any public consultation before deciding to chop off so many trees.
Saudi Arabia auctions real estates of billionaire Maan al-Sanea Riyadh sources stated that Saudi Arabia will auction real estate owned by indebted billionaire Maan al-Sanea and his company starting next month to help repay billions of riyals due to creditors. Meanwhile sources familiar with the matter told Reuters, Sanea ranked by Forbes in 2007 as one of the world's
- In 2019 Lok Sabha polls, people will defeat BJP: Mamata Banerjee
- MK Stalin launched scathing attack on Edappadi Palaniswami leveling corruption charges
- Trump imposes additional tariffs on China from September 24
- Who is the Baahubali of Telangana?
- Yusaku Maezawa, founder & CEO of Zozo, First Tourist to Moon
- Domestic fuel prices continued to scale new height
- Heavy rains expected today as well!
- Vijaya Bhaskar gets aroused!
- Sunny gets a wax statue!
- A sleep ruins minister's life!
- Finance Minister announced Merger of 3 Banks
- Who is Country's Highest Earning MLA?
- North & South Korean Leaders Meet at Pyongyang
- Guys involved in Controversial WhatsApp chat to kill Defense Minister held
- Centre's decision to ban 328 FDC drugs brought 6,000 medicines on radar