Chennai sources reported that the Madras High Court on Wednesday set aside a lower court order discharging all the accused, including the Maran brothers, in the alleged illegal telephone exchange case. Meanwhile when allowing the appeal filed by the CBI, Justice G Jaichandran directed a special CBI court to frame charges and conclude the trial within 12 months from the date of receipt of the copy of the order.
Accordingly the special CBI court had in March discharged Dayanidhi Maran, his brother Kalanithi and others accused in the case. Recently the trial court had allowed the petitions filed by the Maran brothers and others seeking their discharge, holding that there was no prima facie case against them. Furthermore the CBI had alleged that an illegal private telephone exchange was set up at the residence of Dayanidhi Maran in Chennai during 2004-06 when he was the telecom minister and it was used for the business transactions involving the Sun Network owned by Kalanithi.
Moreover the central agency had alleged that
Dayanidhi Maran had caused a loss of Rs 1.78 crore to the exchequer. Further other
accused who were discharged are former BSNL general manager K Brahmanathan,
former deputy general manager M P Velusamy, Dayanidhi Maran's private secretary
Gauthaman and some Sun TV officials.
High Court Justice orders 37 ISPs to block 12,000 Websites Chennai sources stated that as Rajinikanth-Akshay Kumar starrer '2.0' had released yesterday i.e. on Thursday, the Madras High Court has directed 37 internet service providers (ISPs) to block over 12,000 websites that exhibit pirated versions of Tamil movies. Meanwhile the list includes more than 2,000 websites operated by 'TamilRockers. Reportedly Justice M Sundar passed the order while allowing a plea moved by Lyca Productions
- Trump cancelled his own participation in Davos, citing row over his proposed wall
- Telangana & AP extended time limit for interstate transfers
- Trump coming out with reforms giving H-1B visa holders certainty to stay in US
- SC appoints Ombudsman for Hardik & Rahul comments
- Rakesh Asthana ousted from CBI!
- TASMAC surpasses Petta!
- Congress MP's trolls Amit and gets criticism!
- World's top four Richest Celebrity list with their individual net worth
- RBI Governor to cut Interest Rates
- PhonePe seen a remarkable growth in 2018 in offline business
- Vijayashanthi questions Why TRS shows fake statements
- SC orders protection for counterfeit travelers in Sabarimala issue
- Boxing Legend Muhammad Ali name for US Airport
- Reliance Jio Net Profit jumped to 65%
- Arun Jaitley to increase Income Tax Slabs Tax Rate