Jio institute has not been given the tag of Institution of Eminence but has only been given the letter of intent, after imposing several conditions. In Rajya Sabha's Question Hour in the Rajya Sabha, some members demanded explanation and the reasoning behind this Eminence tag given to several institutions.
The HRD minister Prakash Javadekar explained that institutions were selected after extensive scrutiny by an expert committee, while also adding that Jio institute was not bestowed tag of institution of eminence. Some of the other well known institutions chosen include Bangalore based Indian Institute of Science, Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi and Mumbai campus.
Among the institutes given letter of
intent and recommended were the popular Birla Institute of Technological
Sciences, Pilani, Jio institute and Manipal Academy of Higher Education,
Manipal, said the HR minister Prakash Javadekar.
ISRO successfully launched GSLV-Mk III on Wednesday Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) stated that the countdown had begun for the Wednesday evening launch of India's heaviest rocket GSLV-Mk III, carrying communication satellite GSAT-29 at the rocket port in Sriharikota. According to the Indian space agency standing at 43.4 metre tall and weighing 640 ton, the Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle (GSLV-Mk III) had taken off at 5.08 pm on Wednesday.
- Chandrababu Naidu confident in winning in Telangana
- Muslims in Telangana state upset seeing attitude of political parties
- A new memoir titled "Becoming" by Michelle Obama out
- Bengaluru likely to receive rainfall on November 16-17 & 22-23
- Swiggy plans to deploy Women as delivery personnel across India
- Has AP government misused Tirumala Tirupathi temple funds?
- Sexual abuser arrested finally!
- Infosys founder supports Modi!
- Downfall of Rajapakse govt!
- Gaja reaches Chennai!
- SC to hear 49 Review Petitions in Sabarimala Temple case
- PM Narendra Modi is in Singapore for East Asia Summit
- Melania Trump explicitly Donald Trump to oust Mira Ricardel
- Will traffic be ensured safely during rallies & processions?
- Sonali Bandre thanked her Hubby on their wedding day