Jio institute has not been given the tag of Institution of Eminence but has only been given the letter of intent, after imposing several conditions. In Rajya Sabha's Question Hour in the Rajya Sabha, some members demanded explanation and the reasoning behind this Eminence tag given to several institutions.
The HRD minister Prakash Javadekar explained that institutions were selected after extensive scrutiny by an expert committee, while also adding that Jio institute was not bestowed tag of institution of eminence. Some of the other well known institutions chosen include Bangalore based Indian Institute of Science, Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi and Mumbai campus.
Among the institutes given letter of
intent and recommended were the popular Birla Institute of Technological
Sciences, Pilani, Jio institute and Manipal Academy of Higher Education,
Manipal, said the HR minister Prakash Javadekar.
MD, New VP of India Operations appointed by FB As per report Facebook on Monday announced it has appointed Ajit Mohan, former CEO of video streaming platform Hotstar, as Managing Director and Vice-President, Facebook India. Meanwhile set to join Facebook from early next year, Mohan will be responsible for driving Face book’s overall strategy and continued investment in India, reporting directly to the Menlo Park based headquarter and not Asia Pacific.
- Bengaluru to receive heavy rain this week
- Will Harish get more majority to KCR in the ensuing elections?
- TPCC Working President confident SB Congress winning in Telangana
- Mother of one of 7 convicts in Rajiv Gandhi assassination case met TN Governor
- Maoist killers identified!
- Telangana Governor follows new way in saving Fuel
- Case against Tamilisai soon!
- Hyderabad Metro Rail carries 85,000 Passengers daily
- Baba on moon? Truth or fake?
- Arputhammal gives petition to Governor!
- Rajinikanth to target November or December!
- TN targeted by Maoists?
- Gujarat based Pharma company Sterling Biotech involved in 5000 Crore Bank fraud
- DoT approached SC for Spectrum Dues
- Donald Trump has hit 12% of total US imports by 2018