Accordingly a Mumbai based doctor, who set up a rehabilitation foundation to rescue mentally-ill persons living on the streets, along with a widely known Ladakhi engineer and education reformist, are among the six personalities named for this year's Ramon Magsaysay Award. Meanwhile Bharat Vatwani, who has been recognized for "his tremendous courage and healing compassion in embracing India's mentally afflicted destitute", started an informal operation of bringing mentally-ill street persons to their private clinic for treatment.
Moreover the other recipients of the annual honor include Cambodia's Youk Chhang, who has been honored for "preserving historical memory for healing and justice"; Maria de Lourdes Martins Cruz from East Timor for "building a caring society brick by brick"; Howard Dee of Philippines for "Championing the human face of peace, justice and economic growth"; and Vietnam's Vo Thi Hoang Yen for "Claiming opportunities for the differently abled".
Furthermore the Ramon Magsaysay Award, recognized
as Asia's premier prize, is now in its 60th year of "honoring greatness of
spirit and transformative leadership in selfless service to the peoples of
Asia". Reports added the prestigious award is given to persons regardless
of race, nationality, creed or gender who address issues of human development
in Asia with courage and creativity, and in doing so have made contributions
which have transformed their societies for the better and the awards will be
presented on August 31.
TN Govt plans to introduce Board Exams for Class 5 & 8 Accordingly Tamilnadu government is going to introduce board examinations for the students of class 5 and class 8, in addition to the already existing public exams for students in classes 10, 11 and 12. Meanwhile according to a circular issued to all the district education offices, the third term exams conducted in schools will henceforth be conducted as public exams. These exams will have common question papers for all the schools in Tamilnadu.
- Guntur District farmer committed suicide, doubts raised
- UK no longer preferred market for Indian investment due to Brexit factor
- Pakistan Cricketers portrait removed from HPCA
- From a farmer's son to People's Hero - Dr. Koti Reddy Saripalli
- DMK Congress deal soon!
- What's the problem for DMDK?
- India receives support from Israel!
- Public shocked after tremors in Delhi!
- APTA achieved India Book of record by making longest bamboo chicken in India
- Budget of Rs 3,116 crore for 2019-20 unveiled by TTD
- Chennai Metro Rail to install WiFi facilities at all stations
- Saudi Arabia-India plans to set up a ''Strategic Partnership Council'
- Donald Trump planning to meet North Korean Leader Kim Jong-Un again
- Is Nagarjuna making his Political entry?
- Why Rahul Gandhi made a surprise visit to AP Bhawan?