According to sources Karnataka government has ordered the formation of anti-drug trafficking committees in all educational institutions across the state within a period of one week. Meanwhile the Deputy CM G Parameshwara, who also holds the Home portfolio, took the decision after meeting senior policemen from across the state in Bengaluru and has also asked the Education Department to issue a circular in this regard.
Accordingly the anti-drug committees will be set up in line with the anti-ragging committees, which have been set up to lower incidents of ragging across the country. Moreover in addition to officials of the school or college administration, local police officials and public representatives will also be a part of the drug panel.
As per report Nina Nayak, renowned child rights
activist and the former Chairperson of Karnataka State Commission for
Protection of Child Rights, has welcomed the move. Moreover in
June, on the occasion of International Day Against Drug Abuse and Illicit
Trafficking, the Karnataka government had also launched a state
government helpline (1098) to report drug abuse.
Did Governor E.S.L. Narasimhan brought KCR closer to BJP? Accordingly Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N. Chandrababu Naidu makes regular visits to AP & Telangana Governor E.S.L Narasimhan to inform him of the challenges the state is facing in the aftermath of bifurcation. While it is protocol to apprehend the Governor on the developments and challenges in Andhra Pradesh as the head of a state, TDP cadre and the people of AP feel that these regular meetings with Narasimhan are futile.
- Cyclonic storm Gaja to bring heavy Rainfall Coupled with Gale Wind
- Puducherry CM slammed KCR
- Why Prabhas not showing interest in his marriage?
- Chandrababu Naidu released TDPs candidates list for Telangana Polls
- Pawan Kalyan contributed Rs. 100 for serving people
- World's biggest OIL supplier Saudi Arabia announced plans to cut production
- Tougher laws & stricter implementation for rapism & Murder against girls: Rajinikanth
- Cochin International Airport bags an award
- 1000 War rockets to be preserved at Museum
- TN Matriculation Head orders Schools not to collect Money by threatening parents
- Alibaba makes record selling in first five minutes & $10 billion figure achieved
- Distributing 1 Lakh Cows per year is in BJPs Manifesto
- 69% Pakistanis aged 15-65 years don't know what the Internet is!!!
- Why Pasupuleti Balaraju quit TDP joined Janasena Party?
- Telangana Polls scheduled to be held by December 7