According to sources Karnataka government has ordered the formation of anti-drug trafficking committees in all educational institutions across the state within a period of one week. Meanwhile the Deputy CM G Parameshwara, who also holds the Home portfolio, took the decision after meeting senior policemen from across the state in Bengaluru and has also asked the Education Department to issue a circular in this regard.
Accordingly the anti-drug committees will be set up in line with the anti-ragging committees, which have been set up to lower incidents of ragging across the country. Moreover in addition to officials of the school or college administration, local police officials and public representatives will also be a part of the drug panel.
As per report Nina Nayak, renowned child rights
activist and the former Chairperson of Karnataka State Commission for
Protection of Child Rights, has welcomed the move. Moreover in
June, on the occasion of International Day Against Drug Abuse and Illicit
Trafficking, the Karnataka government had also launched a state
government helpline (1098) to report drug abuse.
India's Air Passenger Traffic hikes New Delhi sources stated that data released by the Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) showed on Tuesday India's domestic air passenger traffic rose by 18.60% in 2018 on a year on year basis to 13.90 crore. Earlier in December, around 1.27 crore passengers flew by domestic airlines, 12.91% on a month on month basis. The DGCA report said "The passenger load factor in the month of December 2018 has increased compared to previous month primarily due to the ongoing tourist season”.
- India facing a rising tide of people unwilling to be vaccinated
- Chinese vendors flooded both online & offline channels for Smartphone selling
- TDP is seemingly attempting to tap into Kapu vote bank
- Former VHP leader's sensational remark on Modi!
- TN Milk agents warn Simbu!
- TRS MP Kavita selected for Fame India Extraordinary Parliamentarian award 2019
- India's first ever all women political party launched in Mumbai
- Picture of an antiseptic labeled cough syrup with logo of Govt of Tamilnadu went viral
- Imran Khan is agent of change Senator Lindsey Graham looking for
- Politics in Andhra Pradesh are turning Hot each day
- TTD endeavors to ease Darshan for Children & Senior Citizens
- Hyderabad Auto drivers facing a tough competition from Uber & Ola
- Actor Ajith pens to his Fans to concentrate in Studies
- Zomato suspended Restaurant for adding Plastic in Paneer Dish
- Government of Tamilnadu is Executing Agency of Chennai peripheral Ring Road project