Chennai sources stated that Railways Claims Tribunal on Friday announced compensation to the families of the victims as well as those injured in the accident at St Thomas Mount station in Chennai. Meanwhile according to reports, the Chennai bench of the Tribunal took suo motu cognizance of the accident and awarded Rs 8 lakh each to the families of the deceased and Rs 2 lakh each to those who were injured.
As per report this is the first time that the Railways have paid compensation without the families sending an application in this regard. Moreover in a press release, the bench also said that applications can be filed with the details of the dependents and that a flexible approach will be taken in allowing amendments to the applications.
Reports added that four persons were killed and several others injured
after hitting a concrete fence when they were travelling on the foot board of a
suburban train. Moreover the railways, later in a press statement, said that
the bags of the passengers hit against the Railway cement fence, which made
them fall down. Earlier the Commissioner of Railway Safety, KA Manoharan,
inspected the spot on July 25 and said that an inquiry would be held in
the office of the Divisional Railway Manager (DRM) on July 30.
Mahindra & Mahindra rolled out electric 3 wheeler auto rickshaw in Bengaluru According to sources "The 3 wheeler range Treo and Treo Yaari are powered with lithium ion battery, which gives 170 km ride for a single charge, said Mahindra Electric Mobility Ltd Chairman Pawan Goenka on the occasion. Meanwhile the $21 billion Mahindra group has invested Rs 100 crore in setting up a technology plant in the city's southern outskirts, with an installed capacity of 25,000 units per annum to make the e-autos for Karnataka initially.
- Sabarimala Temple Police Officers instructed to follow new Dress Code
- Will Pawan Kalyan contest from Eluru Constituency?
- TN CM announced Rs. 10 lakhs for families of deceased hit by Cyclone Gaja
- California's deadliest wildfires soared to more than 600, Trump to make his visit
- Granddaughter of TDP founder & late Chief Minister NT Rama Rao get TDP ticket
- Will forecast come true for TRS & give KCR another chance to rule Telangana?
- TN govt against Gaja!
- Secret pregnancy revealed by actor!
- Post Gaja, there's another threat!
- Vedaranyam heavily impacted by Gaja!
- Chandrababu Naidu leaving no leaf unturned to take on Modi
- Arvind Kejriwal to campaign in Telangana for AAP candidates
- Wedding Photos of Deepika Padukone & Ranveer Singh leaked out
- Will KTR quit politics, if TRS lost Elections?
- Cyclone Gaja crossed Tamilnadu coast between Nagapattinam & nearby Vedaranniyam