Chennai sources stated that Railways Claims Tribunal on Friday announced compensation to the families of the victims as well as those injured in the accident at St Thomas Mount station in Chennai. Meanwhile according to reports, the Chennai bench of the Tribunal took suo motu cognizance of the accident and awarded Rs 8 lakh each to the families of the deceased and Rs 2 lakh each to those who were injured.
As per report this is the first time that the Railways have paid compensation without the families sending an application in this regard. Moreover in a press release, the bench also said that applications can be filed with the details of the dependents and that a flexible approach will be taken in allowing amendments to the applications.
Reports added that four persons were killed and several others injured
after hitting a concrete fence when they were travelling on the foot board of a
suburban train. Moreover the railways, later in a press statement, said that
the bags of the passengers hit against the Railway cement fence, which made
them fall down. Earlier the Commissioner of Railway Safety, KA Manoharan,
inspected the spot on July 25 and said that an inquiry would be held in
the office of the Divisional Railway Manager (DRM) on July 30.
In 2019 Lok Sabha polls, people will defeat BJP: Mamata Banerjee Kolkata sources reported that West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Monday said the country will witness a "revolution" in the 2019 Lok Sabha elections and people will defeat the BJP. Previously the BJP had won the 2014 Lok Sabha polls by securing 31% votes but it cannot be repeated. She claimed “The BJP had won the 2014 Lok Sabha polls by securing 31% votes but it cannot be repeated”.
- MK Stalin launched scathing attack on Edappadi Palaniswami leveling corruption charges
- Trump imposes additional tariffs on China from September 24
- Who is the Baahubali of Telangana?
- Yusaku Maezawa, founder & CEO of Zozo, First Tourist to Moon
- Domestic fuel prices continued to scale new height
- Heavy rains expected today as well!
- Vijaya Bhaskar gets aroused!
- Sunny gets a wax statue!
- A sleep ruins minister's life!
- Finance Minister announced Merger of 3 Banks
- Who is Country's Highest Earning MLA?
- North & South Korean Leaders Meet at Pyongyang
- Guys involved in Controversial WhatsApp chat to kill Defense Minister held
- Centre's decision to ban 328 FDC drugs brought 6,000 medicines on radar
- Migrants figures shown a negative growth of 11.6% from Kerala