Chennai sources stated that Railways Claims Tribunal on Friday announced compensation to the families of the victims as well as those injured in the accident at St Thomas Mount station in Chennai. Meanwhile according to reports, the Chennai bench of the Tribunal took suo motu cognizance of the accident and awarded Rs 8 lakh each to the families of the deceased and Rs 2 lakh each to those who were injured.
As per report this is the first time that the Railways have paid compensation without the families sending an application in this regard. Moreover in a press release, the bench also said that applications can be filed with the details of the dependents and that a flexible approach will be taken in allowing amendments to the applications.
Reports added that four persons were killed and several others injured
after hitting a concrete fence when they were travelling on the foot board of a
suburban train. Moreover the railways, later in a press statement, said that
the bags of the passengers hit against the Railway cement fence, which made
them fall down. Earlier the Commissioner of Railway Safety, KA Manoharan,
inspected the spot on July 25 and said that an inquiry would be held in
the office of the Divisional Railway Manager (DRM) on July 30.
Government of Andhra Pradesh signs MoU with Internshala, launches 'Youth for Andhra Program' Real Time Governance Society (RTGS) of Government of Andhra Pradesh has signed an MoU with Internshala to launch the ‘Youth for Andhra Program’ program. The program focuses on empowering the youth of Andhra Pradesh and shaping them into change makers at the grassroot level. 10,000 students across Andhra Pradesh will be hired under this program and will gain valuable knowledge about government policies and bureaucracy. The deadline to apply to the program is 25th February 2019.
- Why KCRs Cabinet has no Women in his Party?
- 25 lakhs be given to family of CRPF Jawan by Kerala Govt
- Surya Kiran Aircraft crashed in Bengaluru during rehearsal
- BJP making desperate attempts to woo its allies
- History Maker: Kotii Reddy Saripalli - Founder of Kotii group of ventures
- Gold prices skyrocket!
- Saudi comes to Pak support!
- Mastermind of Pulwama attack dead!
- Kamal's takes a dig at Stalin!
- YS Jagan needs to be reminded charity begins at home
- Ex-PM highlights rural indebtedness, urban chaos
- PMK will support AIADMK- BJP front in Tamilnadu in general elections
- French researchers found 5.8 million Indane customer records
- Will Sania Mirza be removed as brand ambassador of Telangana ?
- Freedom we have is very expensive due to CRPF Employees