Sources from Hyderabad stated that batting legend Sachin Tendulkar and V.V.S. Laxman on Saturday accepted the green challenge to plant saplings under Haritha Haram, the massive plantation program of Telangana government. Meanwhile in separate tweets, they accepted the challenge by Telangana's Industry and Information Technology Minister K. T. Rama Rao, also attaching the pictures of the saplings they planted.
Accordingly Rama Rao, son of Chief Minister K. Chandrasekhar Rao, on Friday had invited the former cricketers and other celebrities to plant the saplings. Sachin tweeted, "Thank you, KTRTRS, for nominating me for the green challenge Haritha Haram and he accepts the challenge and hope all of you do too and the key to a greener planet is in our hands."
Furthermore US Consul General in Hyderabad, Katherine Hadda also participated
in Haritha Haram. Moreover she nominated three celebrities including tennis
star Sania Mirza and the fourth phase of Haritha Haram, the flagship program of the state government, is scheduled to be launched on August 1. Recently it
envisages in increasing the green cover in the state from the present 23% to
33A% of the total geographical area. According to a statement from the
minister's office, a total of 80 crore saplings have been planted as against
the target of 230 crores in four years.
Top House Democrats raised prospect of impeachment for Trump Washington sources reported that Top House Democrats on Sunday raised the prospect of impeachment or almost-certain prison time for President Donald Trump if it’s proved that he directed illegal hush money payments to women, adding to the legal pressure on the president over the Russia investigation and other scandals.
- SC dismissed PIL challenging dissolution of J&K Assembly by Governor Satya Pal Malik
- Which Party will win Higher Percentage in Telangana?
- Strange case of a damaging goat!
- H Raja again in controversy!
- Ravishankar firm on program plans!
- People against Jayalalitha's memorial!
- Jaipur Princess filed for Divorce
- Bengaluru boy uses Broomstick to beat his Mother
- Ramdas Athawale slapped by 30 old man at a public event in Maharashtra
- KTR openly claims that TRS would return to power with 100 seats
- Will Congress' talks with MIM give an edge?
- World Bank says remittance inflow to India last year was USD 68.9 billion
- Trump's Son in Law had private conversations with Saudi Crown Prince
- Vaiko warned as TN worst affected in India for Mekedatu Project
- Wedding celebrations of Isha Ambani as grand as expected