Thiruvananthapuram sources stated that as per report Cochin International Airport Limited (CIAL) will be honored by the UN with the ‘Champion of Earth Prize’ for the year 2018, after having successfully implemented the use of solar energy rendering it the world’s only airport run on solar power. Meanwhile this comes just three years after the airport took on a gargantuan task in October 2015 to power the airport fully and exclusively through solar energy.
Accordingly this prize is considered the UN’s highest environmental honor. Moreover an official statement by the UN’s Global Chief of Environment and Executive Director of UNEP, Erik Solheim, to the airport Managing Director V J Kurian read, “This is the United Nation’s highest environmental accolade and reflects your leadership in the use of sustainable energy." Furthermore after stating, “As the world’s first fully solar-powered airport, you set an ambitious example that we hope many others will follow. Hence the award will be presented at a gala ceremony on the sidelines of the General Assembly in New York on September 26, 2018.”
Recently a team from the UN led by Solheim himself had previously visited
the Kochi airport to learn more about its solar initiatives and had met
authorities as well as Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan. Moreover the idea of a
solar powered airport came from managing director V J Kurian.
Last date for filing I-T return for 2018-19 is July 31, Have you filed? Reportedly back in 1966, the Beatles sang "If you drive a car, I'll tax the street / If you try to sit, I'll tax your seat..." ("Taxman" from the album Revolver). Meanwhile it's that time of the year when the taxman's piercing gaze falls on mortals who eke out an honest living. The last date for filing I-T return for 2018-19 is July 31. Like most other years the last date may be extended. The threshold exemption
- WB released $250 Million for post flood construction work for Kerala
- Few places of Chennai received heavy Rainfall
- SBI fined for violating asset classification norms: RBI
- Kia Seltos CEOs Letter raises Trolling & Criticism
- Opposition Parties meets Governor regarding construction of New Telangana Secretariat
- BJP MLA's daughter and her Husband on the run since they announced their marriage
- Is Saravana Bhavan Hotel owner suffering from heart ailment?
- Widespread criticism raised in Chandrayaan 2 issue
- Why this BJP MLA criticizes Muslims?
- Ravi Prakash's Future Plan Announcement in August
- YS Jagan constituted Cabinet Sub-Committee to review PPAs
- Hyderabad Woman jumped from 4th floor with 3 year kid
- This 12 year Girl runs a Free Library in Kochi
- Chennai Corporation specified penalty amounts for those who do not comply with plastic ban
- Uber Eats to boost business in Small Town