Hyderabad sources added that According to Legal Metrology department, selling packaged goods at prices more than MRP was illegal and violation of rules would result in penalty and imprisonment. Meanwhile the Controller for Legal Metrology Department Akun Sabharwal told reporters the department will carry out special raids and checks in Hyderabad and across the state from August 2.
Moreover in the wake of several complaints on cinema halls and Multiplexes selling food items and beverages more than MRP, Sabharwal yesterday conducted a review meeting on MRP violation and implementation of new guidelines to be followed from August 1. Furthermore the department also decided to take strict action against cinema halls to control sale of food items at higher prices and special orders have been issued to make transactions on specified rates only.
He added that “Every business or service or
entertainment intended for consumers should be legal and authorized and if any
consumer faces loss Theatre owners will be held responsible and serious action
would be taken”. Moreover according to the Legal Meterology Department Act,
manufacturers should print product name, address, manufacturing date, expiry
date, weight and MRP with customer care number on the packaged item. Hence rate
should be same in theatres also as are in open market.
#AssemblyElections2018 - Track Live Updates The Assembly ELections for Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Chattisgarh, Telangana, Mizoram happened recently and exit polls predicted the victory in favor of TRS, Congress and as per the exit polls right now Congress is leading in all states.
- Top House Democrats raised prospect of impeachment for Trump
- SC dismissed PIL challenging dissolution of J&K Assembly by Governor Satya Pal Malik
- Which Party will win Higher Percentage in Telangana?
- Strange case of a damaging goat!
- H Raja again in controversy!
- Ravishankar firm on program plans!
- People against Jayalalitha's memorial!
- Jaipur Princess filed for Divorce
- Bengaluru boy uses Broomstick to beat his Mother
- Ramdas Athawale slapped by 30 old man at a public event in Maharashtra
- KTR openly claims that TRS would return to power with 100 seats
- Will Congress' talks with MIM give an edge?
- World Bank says remittance inflow to India last year was USD 68.9 billion
- Trump's Son in Law had private conversations with Saudi Crown Prince
- Vaiko warned as TN worst affected in India for Mekedatu Project