Hyderabad sources added that According to Legal Metrology department, selling packaged goods at prices more than MRP was illegal and violation of rules would result in penalty and imprisonment. Meanwhile the Controller for Legal Metrology Department Akun Sabharwal told reporters the department will carry out special raids and checks in Hyderabad and across the state from August 2.
Moreover in the wake of several complaints on cinema halls and Multiplexes selling food items and beverages more than MRP, Sabharwal yesterday conducted a review meeting on MRP violation and implementation of new guidelines to be followed from August 1. Furthermore the department also decided to take strict action against cinema halls to control sale of food items at higher prices and special orders have been issued to make transactions on specified rates only.
He added that “Every business or service or
entertainment intended for consumers should be legal and authorized and if any
consumer faces loss Theatre owners will be held responsible and serious action
would be taken”. Moreover according to the Legal Meterology Department Act,
manufacturers should print product name, address, manufacturing date, expiry
date, weight and MRP with customer care number on the packaged item. Hence rate
should be same in theatres also as are in open market.
EC yet to come out with poll schedule for Telangana Hyderabad sources stated that the Congress would not name the Chief Ministerial candidate in poll-bound Telangana, where it would fight the Assembly elections jointly with the TDP, CPI and Telangana Jana Samithi. A key party leader said “The AICC In-charge of Telangana, R C Khuntia maintained that the usual practice in the Congress was not to name the party's Chief Ministerial candidate before any Assembly election”.
- UP Govt Doctors to stage protest on October 1
- Is Kapu community is moving away from YCP?
- Another brutal murder in Andhra - SHOCKING BRUTAL VIDEO Inside
- Stalin demands resignation of Thangamani!
- Will Congress give Special Status to AP?
- PMK ropes in an actor!
- You will be shocked to know Modi's asset value - No Cars or Houses!
- Apollo's shocker on CCTV!
- Pandya injured - Damage for India?
- Hima Das name nominated for Arjuna Award
- Korean Presidents signs agreement to Ease Tension
- Ambati questioned Chandrababu's motive behind involving in affairs of TRS party
- Stormy Daniels provides a graphic description of Trump's genitalia
- Rahul Gandhi called Congress Workers been Lathi charged as "dictatorship under PM Modi"
- Saudi Arabia auctions real estates of billionaire Maan al-Sanea