Hyderabad sources added that According to Legal Metrology department, selling packaged goods at prices more than MRP was illegal and violation of rules would result in penalty and imprisonment. Meanwhile the Controller for Legal Metrology Department Akun Sabharwal told reporters the department will carry out special raids and checks in Hyderabad and across the state from August 2.
Moreover in the wake of several complaints on cinema halls and Multiplexes selling food items and beverages more than MRP, Sabharwal yesterday conducted a review meeting on MRP violation and implementation of new guidelines to be followed from August 1. Furthermore the department also decided to take strict action against cinema halls to control sale of food items at higher prices and special orders have been issued to make transactions on specified rates only.
He added that “Every business or service or
entertainment intended for consumers should be legal and authorized and if any
consumer faces loss Theatre owners will be held responsible and serious action
would be taken”. Moreover according to the Legal Meterology Department Act,
manufacturers should print product name, address, manufacturing date, expiry
date, weight and MRP with customer care number on the packaged item. Hence rate
should be same in theatres also as are in open market.
Amazon's New Year Sale delivery makes Record!!! San Francisco sources stated that US based online retail giant Amazon on Wednesday announced a record breaking holiday season as tens of millions of people have signed up for its Prime membership either by making paid service or on a trial basis. Amazon said "Prime membership continued to grow this holiday season to benefit from FREE Same Day, One Day or Two Day shipping, in addition
- Lord Vishnu statue carved from a monolithic block reached Singarapettai
- Jio New Year Offer recharges done between December 28, 2018, to January 31, 2019
- 437 CCTV Cameras installed in Chennai, Kilpauk Jurisdiction
- High Court Justice orders 37 ISPs to block 12,000 Websites
- Trump cancelled his own participation in Davos, citing row over his proposed wall
- Telangana & AP extended time limit for interstate transfers
- Trump coming out with reforms giving H-1B visa holders certainty to stay in US
- SC appoints Ombudsman for Hardik & Rahul comments
- Rakesh Asthana ousted from CBI!
- TASMAC surpasses Petta!
- Congress MP's trolls Amit and gets criticism!
- World's top four Richest Celebrity list with their individual net worth
- RBI Governor to cut Interest Rates
- PhonePe seen a remarkable growth in 2018 in offline business
- Vijayashanthi questions Why TRS shows fake statements