New Delhi sources stated that there is good news for taxpayers as the deadline to file income tax returns (ITR) has been extended by a month. Recently the finance ministry in a tweet announced the extension of ITR filling deadline by a month to August 31, 2018. Meanwhile the tweet says "Upon consideration of the matter, the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) extends the ‘Due Date’ for filing of Income Tax Returns from 31st July, 2018 to 31st August, 2018 in respect of the said categories of taxpayers."
Furthermore until last assessment year (AY) there was no penalty for filing belated income tax returns and however, this penalty is applicable from AY 2018-19. Further a new section 234F was inserted by the government in the Income Tax Act. Moreover as per this section, an individual would have to pay a fee of up to Rs 10,000 for filing income tax return after the due dates specified in section 139(1) of the Act.
Reports added tax experts say that as per the
amendments made in the Finance Act 2017, taxpayers are liable to pay a fee of
Rs 5,000, if their tax return for the financial year 2017-18 is filed after the
return filing deadline but before December 31, 2018. The fee payable will
increase to Rs 10,000, if the tax return is filed on or after January 1, 2019
and moreover if the total income of the taxpayer is less than Rs 5,00,000, the
fee amount shall not exceed Rs 1,000.
Cochin International Airport bags an award Thiruvananthapuram sources stated that as per report Cochin International Airport Limited (CIAL) will be honored by the UN with the ‘Champion of Earth Prize’ for the year 2018, after having successfully implemented the use of solar energy rendering it the world’s only airport run on solar power. Meanwhile this comes just three years after the airport took on a gargantuan task in October 2015 to power the airport fully and exclusively through solar energy.
- 1000 War rockets to be preserved at Museum
- TN Matriculation Head orders Schools not to collect Money by threatening parents
- Alibaba makes record selling in first five minutes & $10 billion figure achieved
- Distributing 1 Lakh Cows per year is in BJPs Manifesto
- 69% Pakistanis aged 15-65 years don't know what the Internet is!!!
- Why Pasupuleti Balaraju quit TDP joined Janasena Party?
- Telangana Polls scheduled to be held by December 7
- Trump missing from one of weekend's most powerful images
- TRS MP Kavita attacked TPCC Chief
- Stalin condemns Periyar caste reference!
- Gaja storm getting intensified!
- Sivakasi laborers set to lose jobs!
- Viral video from Kaduvetti guru son!
- TRS released list of candidates for 107 of 119 Assembly Constituencies
- YSRCP Leader YS Jagan resumed his Padayatra with Emotional Welcome