Mumbai sources stated that with a view to reduce the impact of the wives and girlfriends (wags) of cricketers during foreign tours, the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) has reportedly decided to impose a 14 day window period for wags to stay with Indian cricketers. Meanwhile in the recent times, the wags of cricketers have drawn the flak of critics and netizens, following the failure of the team in overseas series.
Furthermore according to reports, the BCCI is willing to allow wags to stay with the players for two weeks after the commencement of an overseas tour. Previously, the cricket governing body denied permission to allow players to stay with their wags for the first three Test matches against England. Recently Virat Kohli's poor show in the semi-finals of the ICC World Cup 2015 and India's tour of South Africa have been attributed to the presence of his then girlfriend actress Anushka Sharma with him during the tours.
Moreover on Wednesday, India will face England in
the first of the five match Test series at Edgbaston, Birmingham. Kohli's men
will look to improve their track record on English soil, in the backdrop of
India's 1-4 score against England in 2014.
Priyanka Gandhi enters active politics! Priyanka Gandhi Vadra has made an entry to active politics a little ahead of the upcoming Lok Sabha elections, as she has been appointed as the Congress General Secretary for Uttar Pradesh. In a press release from the Congress party, it was announced today that she had been given the critical post after being appointed by the party president, her brother Rahul Gandhi.
- Alone time given Me the strength to handle life: PM Modi
- Indian Movie nominated for Oscars
- Will Prabhas get BJP MLA ticket for 2019 Elections?
- APSRTC Employees Union calls for indefinite statewide strike from February 6
- Hyderabad HC issued notices to makers of 'Lakshmi's NTR'
- Iconic Bikini Climber dies on Mountain
- Toyota makes Joint Venture with Panasonic
- India's Air Passenger Traffic hikes
- India facing a rising tide of people unwilling to be vaccinated
- Chinese vendors flooded both online & offline channels for Smartphone selling
- TDP is seemingly attempting to tap into Kapu vote bank
- Former VHP leader's sensational remark on Modi!
- TN Milk agents warn Simbu!
- TRS MP Kavita selected for Fame India Extraordinary Parliamentarian award 2019
- India's first ever all women political party launched in Mumbai