Chennai sources added that magistrate court in Chennai on Monday directed former Union finance minister P Chidambaram's family members to appear in court on August 20 without fail, in connection with the black money case. Meanwhile Chief Metropolitan Magistrate S Malarvizhi ordered the personal appearance of Chidambaram's wife Nalini, son Karti and his wife Srinidhi on August 20 since they failed to do so on Monday.
As per report from Income tax department, Karti Chidambaram had not disclosed his bank account in Metro Bank, the UK, and investments he had made in Nano Holdings LLC, USA. Moreover the department said he had failed to disclose investments made by Chess Global Advisory, a company co-owned by him, which is an offence under the Black Money Act.
Furthermore the department stated that all
three of them had not disclosed Rs 5.37 crore worth of property they jointly
own in Cambridge, the UK and Rs 3.28 crore worth of properties in the US and the
I-T Department initiated prosecution against them under Section 50 of the Black
Money (undisclosed foreign income and assets) and Imposition of Tax Act. Moreover
P Chidambaram and his family members appeared before the court on June 25 and
filed a petition seeking to dispense them from personal appearance.
India complaints on Brutal killing of BSF Soldier by Pakistan troopers New Delhi sources reported that India has strongly protested the brutal killing of a BSF soldier by Pakistani troopers along the International Border near Jammu on Tuesday. Meanwhile the sources in the security establishments said the killing of BSF trooper has been taken "very seriously" by the government.
- PM Narendra Modi catapults more projects in Varanasi
- Hong Kong based airline painted out error in Company's Name
- Big win for Women Rights activists in Muslim Community in india
- EC yet to come out with poll schedule for Telangana
- UP Govt Doctors to stage protest on October 1
- Is Kapu community is moving away from YCP?
- Another brutal murder in Andhra - SHOCKING BRUTAL VIDEO Inside
- Stalin demands resignation of Thangamani!