Chennai sources added that magistrate court in Chennai on Monday directed former Union finance minister P Chidambaram's family members to appear in court on August 20 without fail, in connection with the black money case. Meanwhile Chief Metropolitan Magistrate S Malarvizhi ordered the personal appearance of Chidambaram's wife Nalini, son Karti and his wife Srinidhi on August 20 since they failed to do so on Monday.
As per report from Income tax department, Karti Chidambaram had not disclosed his bank account in Metro Bank, the UK, and investments he had made in Nano Holdings LLC, USA. Moreover the department said he had failed to disclose investments made by Chess Global Advisory, a company co-owned by him, which is an offence under the Black Money Act.
Furthermore the department stated that all
three of them had not disclosed Rs 5.37 crore worth of property they jointly
own in Cambridge, the UK and Rs 3.28 crore worth of properties in the US and the
I-T Department initiated prosecution against them under Section 50 of the Black
Money (undisclosed foreign income and assets) and Imposition of Tax Act. Moreover
P Chidambaram and his family members appeared before the court on June 25 and
filed a petition seeking to dispense them from personal appearance.
Chilli attack on Delhi CM! A shocking incident of chilli powder being thrown on Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal in the secretariat has taken place. When Arvind Kejriwal had started for his noon lunch break, a person who was sitting there with the excuse of meeting him to give a petition, had suddenly took a pocket of Chilli powder he had kept hidden and threw the powder on Arvind Kejriwal.
- Rohit reveals the challenge!
- Schools and colleges on leave in Chennai!
- Sushma Swaraj quits election politics!
- Cyclone Gaja razes Sugarcane crops, scarcity during Pongal
- Protests at Sabarimala were part of Sangh Agenda: Pinarayi
- Indian-American elected as president of Harvard University Undergraduate Council
- Transgender filed nomination for Telangana Elections
- Chandrababu Naidu, Mamata Banerjee discuss alliance, put off meet
- Tamilnadu CM visited Cyclone Gaja hit areas
- Why Ivanka Trump sent Official emails from Personal email Account?
- Firing at Chicago Mercy Hospital kills 3
- Indian Cricket Team's Bus Driver reveals about Dhoni, Raina, Kohli
- Is Tamilnadu a Garbhagriha if India is a Temple
- GST Council reduces tax rates
- Kollywood Actors pitch in for Cyclone Gaja