New Delhi sources stated that the Supreme Court on Monday declined the Centre's offer to place on record the report of Justice B N Srikrishna committee on "data protection" for the perusal of the five judge Constitution bench, which had reserved the verdict on pleas challenging the validity of Aadhaar. Meanwhile a five judge bench headed by Chief Justice Dipak Misra, on May 10, had reserved the verdict on the pleas challenging the constitutional validity of Centre's flagship Aadhaar scheme and its enabling 2016 law after a hearing that had gone for 38 days.
Accordingly Attorney General K K Venugopal, appearing for the Centre, on Monday told the bench comprising CJI Misra and Justices A M Khanwilkar and D Y Chandrachud that the Justice Srikrishna committee has recently submitted the Personal Data Protection Bill, 2018 and its report and the Centre can submit it if the court wishes so. The CJI said after consulting justices Khanwilkar and Chandrachud who were also part of the Constitution bench that had heard the pleas against Aadhaar "He do not think that it is required”.
Moreover the Personal Data Protection Bill and
the report have been submitted by the Justice Srikrishna panel recently to the
Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology. Further the committee has
suggested measures to be taken when it comes to protecting the personal
information of citizens, the role and duties of data processors and the rights
Goa gets a new head! After the demise of former Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar, who died fighting pancreatic cancer, Pramod savant has been appointed as the new chief minister of the state, after his demise. This decision was taken all of a sudden by BJP which formed the government overnight.
- PM Modi likely to interact with Public about 'Main Bhi Chowkidar' by March 31
- Election Battle: Parties Cooking Strategies for Victory In Godavari
- Curious Case of Uttarandhra in 2019 Polls
- Chandra Babu Facing Huge Pressure
- DK Aruna Jumps into BJP
- Jagan Pinned Hopes On His Family
- Decoding Pawan Kalyan's Strategy For Assembly Elections
- Will Goa CM Pramod Sawant win Floor test by Wednesday?
- Curiosity Around Bheemili Constituency
- Popular Rayalaseema Reddy Back to Basics!
- Key accused in Pollachi sexual abuse Case sent to judicial remand
- Flash floods & Mud slides increased death toll in Indonesia
- Telangana Govt signed MoU with Ola Cabs for Commuters safety
- Will DMK fulfill its promises as per its Manifesto for Elections 2019?
- RK Roja accused Chandrababu Naidu for acting as Mastermind in YS Vivekananda Reddy's death