Thiruvananthapuram sources stated that District Collector has declared a holiday for all educational institutions other than professional colleges on Tuesday in view of heavy rains. Meanwhile according to report, some schools in Thiruvananthapuram will continue to operate as students have already reached the campus and it was deemed safer to stay in school than return home.
As per report heavy rains continue to plague the hilly regions of the district. Extensive destructions have beenreported at Kallakkadu, Kuttichal, Amboori, and Vellarada. Furthermore the District Collector K Vasuki has also alerted people living near river banks to stay vigilant. Moreover schools in parts of Kannur such as Kottiyoor, Kelakam, Kanichar, Thillemkeri, Muzhakunnu, Kolayad, and Chittariparamba were closed on Tuesday.
Moreover in Kottayam
and Vaikom districts, schools and colleges in Mutholy, Kidangoor, Kurichi,
Madappally, Payippad, Thrikkodithanam and Vazhappilly panchayats as well as
Changanassery municipality were also closed. Further two National Disaster
Response teams were deployed in Alappuzha and Kottayam, the worst affected
Balapur Laddu sets a new Record as it fetches Rs.16.6 Lakhs in Auction! Balapur Ganesh laddu has set a new record this year in the auctions as it fetched Rs.16.6 Lakhs! Srinivas Gupta of Arya-Vysya committee has owned the Laddu after a huge competition in this auction...
- TN Govt opened bookings for the online sale of imported sand at Thoothukudi port
- PM Narendra Modi catapulted many projects in Odisha & Chhattisgarh
- Is Chandrababu Naidu elder than PM Modi in politics?
- Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case?
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!
- Krishnaswamy turns against Karunas!
- Daye suppression isn't the end!