Thiruvananthapuram sources stated that District Collector has declared a holiday for all educational institutions other than professional colleges on Tuesday in view of heavy rains. Meanwhile according to report, some schools in Thiruvananthapuram will continue to operate as students have already reached the campus and it was deemed safer to stay in school than return home.
As per report heavy rains continue to plague the hilly regions of the district. Extensive destructions have beenreported at Kallakkadu, Kuttichal, Amboori, and Vellarada. Furthermore the District Collector K Vasuki has also alerted people living near river banks to stay vigilant. Moreover schools in parts of Kannur such as Kottiyoor, Kelakam, Kanichar, Thillemkeri, Muzhakunnu, Kolayad, and Chittariparamba were closed on Tuesday.
Moreover in Kottayam
and Vaikom districts, schools and colleges in Mutholy, Kidangoor, Kurichi,
Madappally, Payippad, Thrikkodithanam and Vazhappilly panchayats as well as
Changanassery municipality were also closed. Further two National Disaster
Response teams were deployed in Alappuzha and Kottayam, the worst affected
Stalin condemns Periyar caste reference! DMK leader MK Stalin has condemned the quoting of Dravidian leader Periyar's caste in the group 2 exams held yesterday in Tamil Nadu. He has voiced out that it was bad to quote the caste of Periyar himself who was instrumental in fight against caste system and insisted on abolishing caste.
- Gaja storm getting intensified!
- Sivakasi laborers set to lose jobs!
- Viral video from Kaduvetti guru son!
- TRS released list of candidates for 107 of 119 Assembly Constituencies
- YSRCP Leader YS Jagan resumed his Padayatra with Emotional Welcome
- AAP includes Jobs for Youth in its Manifesto
- PM Narendra Modi inaugurated two major national highways
- Why TN CM defended protests against AR Murugadoss's Sarkar?
- Owner charged for forcing Indian Woman
- Cyclone Gaja expected to hit coastal Tamilnadu & AP
- Actor Mohan Babu in support of TRS Party
- Green Challenge thrown by Telangana Government
- Wildfire in California killed 23
- New Rule in solving problems faced in NRI Marriages
- Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macao bridge anticipated to have 5G service