Mathura sources reported that an official said on Tuesday owing to the discharge of large amounts of water from a barrage, the water level in the Yamuna River is inching towards the danger mark in Uttar Pradesh's Mathura district. Additional District Magistrate Ravindra Kumar had said "Yesterday, Yamuna was flowing at the warning level and the rising trend of the river is continuing".
Mr. Kumar said “More than three lakh cusec of water was discharged from Hathnikund barrage on Saturday, adding that its impact would be visible on Wednesday night or on Thursday after when the water released from Hathnikund would reach Mathura.
Moreover he added the sub-divisional
magistrates have been instructed to maintain vigil round the clock. People
living in low-lying areas have been advised to shift to flood posts if the rising
trend continuous. Furthermore the flood water has reached colonies based in
flood zone of Mathura and Vrindaban, he said, adding that they would be shifted
to flood outposts if the water entered into their colony.
Pakistan PM disappointed as India cancelled Foreign Minister Level Meet Islamabad sources reported that India's decision to cancel the foreign minister-level meeting in New York was "arrogant", Pakistan Prime Minister Imran Khan said Saturday, asserting that he was "disappointed" by the New Delhi's "negative" response. Meanwhile India on Friday cited the "brutal" killing of three policemen in Jammu and Kashmir as well as the release of the postal stamps "glorifying" Kashmiri militant Burhan Wani for calling off the meeting between External
- Trump administration will revoke work permits to H-4 visa users in 3 months
- Amazon to sell Shampoos, face pack, medicinal products made from Cow Urine & Dung
- 136 people died after a ferry capsized on Lake Victoria, Tanzania
- Karnataka CM Kumaraswamy called for a Revolt against BJP
- Balapur Laddu sets a new Record as it fetches Rs.16.6 Lakhs in Auction!
- TN Govt opened bookings for the online sale of imported sand at Thoothukudi port
- PM Narendra Modi catapulted many projects in Odisha & Chhattisgarh
- Is Chandrababu Naidu elder than PM Modi in politics?
- Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case?
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27