Mathura sources reported that an official said on Tuesday owing to the discharge of large amounts of water from a barrage, the water level in the Yamuna River is inching towards the danger mark in Uttar Pradesh's Mathura district. Additional District Magistrate Ravindra Kumar had said "Yesterday, Yamuna was flowing at the warning level and the rising trend of the river is continuing".
Mr. Kumar said “More than three lakh cusec of water was discharged from Hathnikund barrage on Saturday, adding that its impact would be visible on Wednesday night or on Thursday after when the water released from Hathnikund would reach Mathura.
Moreover he added the sub-divisional
magistrates have been instructed to maintain vigil round the clock. People
living in low-lying areas have been advised to shift to flood posts if the rising
trend continuous. Furthermore the flood water has reached colonies based in
flood zone of Mathura and Vrindaban, he said, adding that they would be shifted
to flood outposts if the water entered into their colony.
. Indian-American to replace Justice Brett Kavanaugh on DC Circuit Court of Appeals Washington sources reported that Indian-American Neomi Rao to replace Justice Brett Kavanaugh on the powerful DC Circuit Court of Appeals. Meanwhile if confirmed by the Senate, Rao, would be the second Indian-American judge in this powerful court after judge Sree Srinivasan, who was appointed during the previous Obama regime and the nomination was sent to the Senate Wednesday.
- Gaja impacts throughout the state!
- Smriti Trolls DeepVeer!
- 13 year old dies in boxing contest!
- TN govt ready to face Gaja!
- Automated baggage check-in facility introduced for passengers in Bengaluru Airport
- Railway suspects passengers for missing Bed sheets & Towels in A/c Coaches
- KCR has No Loans, No Cars in his name
- Pawan Kalyans shocking comments on BJP
- Multi pronged strategy adopted by Telangana Cops to prevent Maoists threat
- Rahul Gandhi slams PM Modi & Anil Ambani in Rafael Deal
- Cyclone Gaja expected with more anticipation in Chennai
- Deepika-Ranveer MARRIED in Italy
- ISRO successfully launched GSLV-Mk III on Wednesday
- Chandrababu Naidu confident in winning in Telangana
- Muslims in Telangana state upset seeing attitude of political parties