According to sources the French parliament rejected on Tuesday a pair of no-confidence motions brought against the government of President Emmanuel Macron in connection with a scandal involving his now former bodyguard. As per report “The first proposal, put forward by the conservative Republicans, garnered 143 votes in the National Assembly, fewer than half the 289 required to pass, while only 74 lawmakers supported the second motion, submitted by the Socialists, Communists and the leftist France Insoumise (France Unbowed) party”.
Even though the conservatives and the left abstained on each other's motions, even their combined total 217 would have fallen far short of the 289 vote thresh hold. Moreover the no-confidence motions were widely viewed as symbolic, given that Macron's centrist La Republique En Marche (The Republic on the Move) has an absolute majority in the assembly.
Furthermore during the debate ahead of the
votes, Prime Minister Edouard Philippe defended the Macron government's response
to video footage published by Le Monde that showed presidential bodyguard
Alexandre Benalla, 26, beating protesters at a 2018 May Day demonstration. Philippe
told lawmakers "The events of May 1 say nothing about the presidency of
the republic, and attempts to blame the president serve no interest other than
Bumrah responds to criticism Cricketer Jasprit Bumrah had said that he does not care about the negative comments on his bowling action and the abusive criticism he faces. Many former cricketers had already accused him of having a weird bowling action and had always complained about his run up before bowling.
- Menaka Gandhi demands Internal Committee!
- Rains to begin in TN soon!
- Former chief minister of Uttar Pradesh, NT Tiwary passed away today
- Top Destinations to Spend Dussehra Holidays 2018
- Famous Temples to visit during Navaratri in South India
- Story behind the festival Vijayadasami related to Goddess Durga
- How do Hindus celebrate Vijayadasami?
- PM Modi to inaugurate national police memorial & museum on October 21
- Difference between Donald Trump & Prince Harry had Twitter laughing
- Heavy Rains lashed Hyderabad, left places standstill
- Jana Sena leaders keen to contest 20 to 22 Assembly seats in Telangana
- Gaddar ready to contest against Telangana CM KCR
- EPS & OPS celebrated AIADMKs 47th year at party office
- ED attached Assets of Nirav Modi & Mehul Choksi
- BJP releases its Manifesto for Telangana Elections in a week