Accordingly as per the policy note laid by P.Thangamani, minister for Electricity, Prohibition and Excise in the Tamilnadu Legislative Assembly, as on March 31, 2018, revenue to Tasmac was Rs 26,794 crore during 2017-18. According to the minister, this is Rs 200 crore less than the revenue, which was Rs 26,995 crore during 2016-17 and this is due to reduction in tax due to certain amendments made in the tax structure.
According to report revenue through excise tax was Rs 6,009 crores during 2017-18 and through sales tax Rs 20,784 crore. Moreover there are 3,866 Tasmac retail outlets now in the state and 1,456 bars. Hence a total of 26,463 employees work in the cadres of supervisors and salesmen, says the policy note and government collected Rs 1.61 crore as export fee in 2017-18 by selling to other states.
Presently Tasmac revenue has been steadily
increasing from 2002-2003. Revenue in that year was Rs 2,828.09 crore and it
touched Rs 6,086.95 crore during 2005-06. Furthermore in Thanjavur district,
there were 179 shops and as many as 55 shops were closed. Presently there are
138 shops. Moreover after the closure of some shops, their staff has been
posted to existing shops and hence now some shops have seven employees against
three per shop.
Strange case of a damaging goat! A goat grazing at places it was not supposed to will definitely land itself in danger, and end up becoming someone's food, and that is proven by a recent strange incident in Belgrade. There's a Village named Ranilovic in central Serbia, and a farmer residing there has been planning to buy a land for Farming and started to save money for the same.
- H Raja again in controversy!
- Ravishankar firm on program plans!
- People against Jayalalitha's memorial!
- Jaipur Princess filed for Divorce
- Bengaluru boy uses Broomstick to beat his Mother
- Ramdas Athawale slapped by 30 old man at a public event in Maharashtra
- KTR openly claims that TRS would return to power with 100 seats
- Will Congress' talks with MIM give an edge?
- World Bank says remittance inflow to India last year was USD 68.9 billion
- Trump's Son in Law had private conversations with Saudi Crown Prince
- Vaiko warned as TN worst affected in India for Mekedatu Project
- Wedding celebrations of Isha Ambani as grand as expected
- Australian Shark trampled a surfer
- World's Largest Arabic Audio Libraries launched in Dubai
- Will Owl Bird create misfortune for Elections?