New Delhi sources stated that days after TRAI chief's Aadhaar dare created a flutter, the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) had asked people not to share publicly their 12 digit identifier on the Internet and social media, or pose such challenges to others. UIDAI said in a statement "Such activities are uncalled for and should be refrained as these are not in accordance with the law”.
Meanwhile an all-out war has been raging on Twitter since Saturday after Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) chief R S Sharma shared his Aadhaar number publicly, challenging anyone to show how mere knowledge of the number can be misused to harm him. Furthermore some claimed to have got access to his bank account number and e-mail, and Sharma refuted the claims saying they were untrue.
Moreover UIDAI said people should
"refrain from publicly putting their Aadhaar numbers on Internet and
social media and posing challenges to others". Accordingly UIDAI also
warned that doing Aadhaar authentication through somebody else's Aadhaar number
or using someone else's Aadhaar number for any purpose may amount to
impersonation and thereby a criminal offence under the Aadhaar Act and Indian
Penal Code. Moreover also, as per the Aadhaar Act and other IT rules,
personally sensitive information should not be published or shared publicly.
Hyderabad Police organized Job Connect program to provide job opportunities Accordingly the Falaknuma police in Hyderabad organized a 'Job Connect' program at The Progress High School in Engine Bowli as part of its ‘community policing’ initiative. Meanwhile the police said that a total of 4,200 youth, both men and women holding various educational qualifications, had attended the program held between 9 am and 5 pm.
- GoAir to operate services from Kannur to Muscat from February 28
- Did Sasikala have special privileges in Jail?
- Telangana CM KCR's ideology to make Telangana roads shine like a Mirror
- Lalu Prasad Yadav to get a verdict on January 28!
- H.Raja gets triggered with Stalin speech!
- Dhanush's costar reveals sexual harassment trouble!
- Did Congress MLA gift Mercedes Benz to Siddaramaiah?
- I salute Manohar Parrikar's efforts at work," PM Modi
- Muhurtam for Telangana CM KCR's Chandiyaagam is fixed
- Traffic diversions in Chennai for Republic Day Parade
- UNESCO names Rio De Janeiro as 2020 World's Capital Structure
- Sri Lanka wants to take back all Sri Lankan Tamil refugees in India
- Rythu Bandhu Scheme becomes part of National Agenda of action: Governor E.S.L. Narasimhan
- Maverick director RGV to come up with a creative poster goes Viral
- CM Chandrababu Naidu unveiled NTR statue