New Delhi sources stated that days after TRAI chief's Aadhaar dare created a flutter, the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) had asked people not to share publicly their 12 digit identifier on the Internet and social media, or pose such challenges to others. UIDAI said in a statement "Such activities are uncalled for and should be refrained as these are not in accordance with the law”.
Meanwhile an all-out war has been raging on Twitter since Saturday after Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) chief R S Sharma shared his Aadhaar number publicly, challenging anyone to show how mere knowledge of the number can be misused to harm him. Furthermore some claimed to have got access to his bank account number and e-mail, and Sharma refuted the claims saying they were untrue.
Moreover UIDAI said people should
"refrain from publicly putting their Aadhaar numbers on Internet and
social media and posing challenges to others". Accordingly UIDAI also
warned that doing Aadhaar authentication through somebody else's Aadhaar number
or using someone else's Aadhaar number for any purpose may amount to
impersonation and thereby a criminal offence under the Aadhaar Act and Indian
Penal Code. Moreover also, as per the Aadhaar Act and other IT rules,
personally sensitive information should not be published or shared publicly.
136 people died after a ferry capsized on Lake Victoria, Tanzania Accordingly many are missing and it is feared that more than 200 people in total may have drowned. Rescue efforts resumed on Friday after being halted overnight. As per report the MV Nyerere ferry overturned near Ukara Island on its way from Bugorora. Meanwhile it is thought the overloaded vessel tipped over when crowds on board moved to one side as it docked.
- Karnataka CM Kumaraswamy called for a Revolt against BJP
- Balapur Laddu sets a new Record as it fetches Rs.16.6 Lakhs in Auction!
- TN Govt opened bookings for the online sale of imported sand at Thoothukudi port
- PM Narendra Modi catapulted many projects in Odisha & Chhattisgarh
- Is Chandrababu Naidu elder than PM Modi in politics?
- Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case?
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!