In the history of criminal cases, it's rarity for the Tamilnadu government to handover a case by itself to CBI. But now the same has happened in case of idol thefts in the state. With the cold relationship between idol theft prevention department IG Pon Manickavel and the TN government, the government moves to handover the case to the CBI gains importance.
As per advocate Rajendran's statement, the case which had been progressing on a right track getting handed over to a new team to start investigation from scratch seems to be a measure to bring down the operation, and added that he suspected the TN government planning to deploy officers favoring government to lead the investigation.
The TN government is expected to
file its decision at court on August 8, and Rajendran has announced that
he'll appeal against this move. On the other hand, BJP leader H Raja has
tweeted if government will ask CBI to take over only the existing idol theft
cases or the future cases as well. With this unexpected move by the
TN government to handover the idol theft case to CBI, all parties are expecting
an explanation from government for the move.
PM Narendra Modi catapults more projects in Varanasi Lucknow sources stated that Launching development projects worth Rs 550 crore, Prime Minister Narendra Modi said Varanasi is being developed as the “Gateway to East India” and presented a report card to voters of his Lok Sabha constituency, claiming that before his election the holy city was at the mercy of the Lord under previous governments.
- Hong Kong based airline painted out error in Company's Name
- Big win for Women Rights activists in Muslim Community in india
- EC yet to come out with poll schedule for Telangana
- UP Govt Doctors to stage protest on October 1
- Is Kapu community is moving away from YCP?
- Another brutal murder in Andhra - SHOCKING BRUTAL VIDEO Inside
- Stalin demands resignation of Thangamani!
- Will Congress give Special Status to AP?
- PMK ropes in an actor!
- You will be shocked to know Modi's asset value - No Cars or Houses!
- Apollo's shocker on CCTV!
- Pandya injured - Damage for India?
- Hima Das name nominated for Arjuna Award
- Korean Presidents signs agreement to Ease Tension
- Ambati questioned Chandrababu's motive behind involving in affairs of TRS party