As per report India’s largest conglomerate, Oil to telecom major Reliance Industries overtook IT major Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) on Tuesday to become India’s most valued firm in terms of market capitalization. Meanwhile this also comes less than a month after RIL breached the $100 billion market capitalization mark after a decade. Furthermore according to the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) website, RIL’s market capitalization currently stands at around Rs 7.56 trillion, while TCS’ market cap is at $7.54 trillion.
Moreover RIL surpassed TCS after its stock rose around 3% on the BSE on Tuesday to a record high of Rs 1,185.85. The shares of Reliance are currently trading at Rs 1,194.35. Reports added market capitalization is the total value of the company based on its current share price and the total number of outstanding stocks. Further the surge in its stock price came after Reliance reported it’s highest-ever profit for the quarter in Q1 of FY19, which was driven by performance of its petrochemicals and consumer businesses.
Hence RIL reported its
numbers last week registering a quarterly net profit of Rs 9,459 crore for Q1,
which is 17.9% higher than Rs 8,021 crore registered in Q1 last year. Moreover
revenue grew 56.5% to Rs 1.4 trillion as against Rs 90,537 crore in the
corresponding previous quarter. Accordingly its newest business, Reliance Jio,
reported 19.9% increase in profit at Rs 612 crore, while clocking revenue of Rs
CBI & ED likely to issue summons for questioning former ICICI Bank CEO Chanda Kochhar According to report CBI sources said former ICICI Bank CEO and MD Chanda Kochhar, her husband Deepak Kochhar and industrialist V.N. Dhoot in connection with the Rs 3,250 crore loan case involving the Videocon Group and ICICI Bank. Meanwhile the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) sources said the agency would initiate the summons as it had completed the scrutiny of documents
- SED of Tamilnadu mulling introducing board exams for classes 5 & 8
- Will YS Jagan become CM of AP as per survey?
- BJP leader wants Kanyakumari!
- Viral video of school students in trains!
- Measures were taken to stop water to Pakistan!
- Kamal says Thiruvarur gave family politics!
- Trump made no mention of China or Huawei, steps back from threat of full ban
- Fight between Swiggy & Zomato extends to takeover of Uber Eats
- Summer Season to be hotter than normal in Karnataka
- Congress questions BJP as either PM was completely oblivious to Pulwama attack
- Why Vijayakanth pretty unhappy with BJP-AIADMK response to DMDK ambition?
- YSRCP attacks TDP saying AP has 59 Lakh Fake Voters
- Telangana Govt announces Rs.25 Lakhs to Families of Pulwama attack jawans
- 2019 Elections testing waters for YS Jagan's stamina
- Animosity between AP people & Central government out in the open