Los Angeles sources stated that earth's neighboring planet, Mars, is closer than it has been in the past 15 years, offering unusually bright views of the Red Planet's auburn hues. NASA said "The Red Planet and Earth haven't been this close since 2003, and won't be again until 2035”. Meanwhile astronomers around the world trained their telescopes on the sky on July 31, when the Red Planet was 35.8 million miles (57.6 million kilometers) away.
Sources added one popular public viewing spot was the Griffith Observatory in Los Angeles, where Mars was visible with the naked eye as a bright orange spot in the sky, according to a live broadcast held to mark the celestial event. Observatory director Ed Krupp said "Mars is invading us”. Moreover NASA said the nearest point to Earth in Mars' elliptical orbit came at around 1100 GMT on Tuesday.
are interested in Mars' travel path because it helps decide the best times for
spacecraft to launch. Moreover when the Sun, Earth and Mars are lined up, with
Earth sitting in between, a phenomenon called "opposition" is in
effect, giving the brightest view of Mars. US space agency explained “Since the
Earth and Mars align in opposition about every two years, this is why most NASA
missions to the Red Planet are at least two years apart to take advantage of
the closer distance."
Donald Trump unlikely to get boot from Twitter even after threatening Iran San Francisco sources reported that US President Donald Trump is unlikely to get the boot from Twitter even after threatening Iran with dire consequences as the micro blogging site sees the world leaders with a different lens. Meanwhile in a tweet recently, Trump warned his Iranian counterpart Hassan Rouhani that if Tehran threatened the US again, it would suffer "consequences the likes of which few have ever suffered before".
- Pack your Condoms too if you are going on a Tour of France - Here's Why...
- US Officials apologize to Sikh Minister as they forced to remove his Turban
- Two-Wheeler owners to get incentives?
- Leaders can take a lesson or two to watch KTR & Pawan words in public
- Iraqi Airways suspend 2 pilots who fought for food tray
- AP Govt taken a sensational decision restricting CBI's entry into AP
- Mahindra & Mahindra rolled out electric 3 wheeler auto rickshaw in Bengaluru
- Sabarimala Temple Police Officers instructed to follow new Dress Code
- Will Pawan Kalyan contest from Eluru Constituency?
- TN CM announced Rs. 10 lakhs for families of deceased hit by Cyclone Gaja
- California's deadliest wildfires soared to more than 600, Trump to make his visit
- Granddaughter of TDP founder & late Chief Minister NT Rama Rao get TDP ticket
- Will forecast come true for TRS & give KCR another chance to rule Telangana?
- TN govt against Gaja!
- Secret pregnancy revealed by actor!