Tirupathi sources reported that to ensure smooth darshan for devotees heading to Tirumala, the south central railway has come up with a solution where the people can now book bus tickets to go to the top of hill shrine. Meanwhile it is a known fact that people after de-boarding a train at Tirupati railway station have to get bus tickets for Tirumala after a long wait in the queue.
Presently the passengers can now avail the bus tickets on the train itself from a bus conductor and as per report the SCR which collaborated with APSRTC will now allow bus conductors into the train at Srikalahasti and Koduru, who make rounds in the train announcing 'bus tickets for Tirumala'. Moreover it is the responsibility of the conductor to inform the depot about the number of tickets sold and make sure the buses are kept ready for the rail commuters.
Hence the facility
which was first implemented on Narayanadri express on a trial basis has
received an overwhelming response from the passengers heading to hill shrine. Presently,
the SCR has initiated it on other trains which head to Tirumala from different
places. Moreover Tirupati bound trains like Venkatadri, Rayalaseema, Seven
Hills and Tirumala express have got this new facility. SCR general manager said
that the idea was initiated to provide hassle-free travel for the pilgrims.
Incessant rain triggered flash floods & landslides in Northern India According to sources in the wake of heavy rain, the Punjab government has issued a red alert. Chief Principal Secretary to the Chief Minister, Suresh Kumar, during an emergency meeting said “All deputy commissioners are keeping a close tab over the current situation, and disaster control rooms have also been activated and hence all officials have been directed to remain at standby in view of the situation”.
- MD, New VP of India Operations appointed by FB
- Bengaluru to receive heavy rain this week
- Will Harish get more majority to KCR in the ensuing elections?
- TPCC Working President confident SB Congress winning in Telangana
- Mother of one of 7 convicts in Rajiv Gandhi assassination case met TN Governor
- Maoist killers identified!
- Telangana Governor follows new way in saving Fuel
- Case against Tamilisai soon!
- Hyderabad Metro Rail carries 85,000 Passengers daily
- Baba on moon? Truth or fake?
- Arputhammal gives petition to Governor!
- Rajinikanth to target November or December!
- TN targeted by Maoists?
- Gujarat based Pharma company Sterling Biotech involved in 5000 Crore Bank fraud
- DoT approached SC for Spectrum Dues