Washington sources reported the White House said that US President Donald Trump has received an invitation to visit India, but no decision has been taken yet. The White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders told reporters "He know that the invitation has been extended, but she do not believe that a final decision has been made," and when asked about reports that Prime Minister Narendra Modi has invited President Trump to be the Chief Guest at the next year's Republic Day celebrations in New Delhi.
Meanwhile she said US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo and Defense Secretary James Mattis would be headed to New Delhi soon for the first India US 2+2 Dialogue with their Indian counterparts External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj and Defense Minister Nirmala Sitharaman. Ms Sanders said at daily press conference said "The 2+2 dialogue would begin discussion on the process of a presidential visit next year”.
She added "The United States and India have a deep and strategic
partnership and we are going to continue to build on that partnership and
advance co-operation and she thinks, you will see that in the meeting that would
take place in September”.
PM Narendra Modi is in Singapore for East Asia Summit Sources from Singapore stated that Prime Minister Narendra Modi arrived in Singapore on Wednesday for a two day visit during which he will attend the East Asia Summit, an ASEAN India informal meet, the Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership summit and hold a meeting with US Vice President Mike Pence. Meanwhile the Prime Minister's Office (PMO) said in a tweet PM Modi's
- Melania Trump explicitly Donald Trump to oust Mira Ricardel
- Will traffic be ensured safely during rallies & processions?
- Sonali Bandre thanked her Hubby on their wedding day
- Sehwag challenges Kohli can't do it!
- Ice seller tries to commit suicide!
- Rajinikanth's sudden press meet!
- Gaja storm takes extreme speed!
- Pawan Failed to STOP
- Rajinikanth is against PM Narendra Modi
- Wealthy Indian tech arrested for assaulting escort
- Cops shot the guy who killed the Indian student
- Is Chandrababu Naidu & DGPs involved in knife attack on YS Jagan?
- Suzuki Burgman Street scooters ready for launch
- Soorasamharam Event held in a spiritual way at Tiruchendur
- Lives of tribals mean nothing to Chandrababu today: Pawan