Washington sources reported that US has designated three Pakistanis linked to the LeT, the outfit responsible for carrying out the 2008 Mumbai attack, as global terrorists to shut down the militant group's financial network and curtail its ability to raise funds to carry out violent terrorist attacks. Meanwhile LeT Commander Abdul Rehman al-Dakhil was named as a Specially Designated Global Terrorist (SDGT) by the Department of State.
Accordingly the US Department of the Treasury's Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) took action yesterday to disrupt the LeT's fundraising and support networks by designating two of the group's financial facilitators, Hameed ul Hassan and Abdul Jabbar, as Specially Designated Global Terrorists (SDGTs). Moreover a longtime member of the US designated Foreign Terrorist Organization (FTO) and Lashkar e-Taiba (LeT), Dakhil was an operational leader for LeT's attacks in India between 1997 and 2001.
Furthermore after his release from Pakistani custody, Dakhil returned to
work for the LeT. Previously in 2016, Dakhil was the LeT divisional commander
for the Jammu region and as of early 2018; Dakhil remained a senior commander
in the LeT. Moreover the designation seeks to deny Dakhil the resources to plan
and carry out terrorist attacks.
Who owns hidden treasures in the coast of Portugal? According to sources spices, ceramics and cannons engraved with Portugal's coat of arms all lie around the wreck, found near Cascais, close to the capital Lisbon. Meanwhile the team believes the ship was returning from India when it sank sometime between 1575 and 1625 and hence this was at the height of Portugal's spice trade with Asia. Project director Jorge Freire told news agency that it is situated at a depth of 12m (40ft) the wreck was very well preserved.
- Is this the Swiss locale where 90s Bollywood dance number was performed?
- Will Pawan Kalyan help farmers in resettlement package for Polavaram multipurpose irrigation project?
- Telangana & Kerala questioned how Ayushman Bharat scheme benefits at a lower premium
- Can Kerala Govt spend for IFFK?
- TN Govt invited DMK, MLAs & AMMK Leaders for MGR Centenary Function
- Will Ola's Project Guardian ensure safety of riders?
- Chief Justice gives stunning verdict!
- Most wanted accused H Raja meets governor!
- H Raja again challenges court!
- 9 Accused in Rajkumar kidnap released!
- Trump speech right to dispute allegations by Stormy Daniels on Twitter
- Amit Shah launched a blistering attack on Congress at Bhopal
- Chennai Snake Park to design App for snake bite treatment
- Will TN people join Dr. Tamilisai Soundararajan for nominating PM Modi for Nobel Peace Prize?
- Incessant rain triggered flash floods & landslides in Northern India