Chennai sources stated that DMK president M Karunanidhi's health is improving, Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan said on Thursday after he met the veteran Dravidian leader's family members at a hospital in Chennai to inquire about his health. As per report Vijayan told reporters that he met Karunanidhi's son and the party's working president M K Stalin and daughter Kanimozhi, besides others family members and DMK leaders.
He said “They all informed us (CPI-M delegation) that his condition is improving”. He added "Kalaignar (Karunanidhi) is a fighter by birth itself and moreover in his life he fought in several fields," and also praised the 94 year old leader's willpower. Moreover the chief minister said he wished Kalaignar a speedy recovery. Accordingly Karunanidhi, who is admitted to a private hospital after his blood pressure dropped on July 27, has been advised an extended hospital stay. Earlier on July 18, he underwent a procedure at the same hospital to replace a tracheostomy tube to help him breathe normally.
Furthermore Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu and
Congress President Rahul Gandhi visited him in hospital. Many other leaders
also visited the hospital and met the family of the veteran DMK chief. Moreover
DMK workers have waited outside the hospital in upscale Alwarpet area, praying
for the recovery of the party chief.
Will DMK intervene in Mekedatu project? According to sources Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (DMK) has called for an all party meeting on Thursday to discuss the Mekedatu project which has been planned across the Cauvery River by the government of Karnataka. Meanwhile the notice read “In order to discuss about the permission granted by the BJP led central government to Karnataka to build a dam across river Cauvery
- Prakash Raj to contest election as an Independent from Bengaluru-Central constituency
- Religion politics have not fared well in the South
- Paytm's New Feature adds benefit to Partner Merchants
- Deepika Padukone titled World's Most Beautiful Bride
- Amazon's New Year Sale delivery makes Record!!!
- Lord Vishnu statue carved from a monolithic block reached Singarapettai
- Jio New Year Offer recharges done between December 28, 2018, to January 31, 2019
- 437 CCTV Cameras installed in Chennai, Kilpauk Jurisdiction
- High Court Justice orders 37 ISPs to block 12,000 Websites
- Trump cancelled his own participation in Davos, citing row over his proposed wall
- Telangana & AP extended time limit for interstate transfers
- Trump coming out with reforms giving H-1B visa holders certainty to stay in US
- SC appoints Ombudsman for Hardik & Rahul comments
- Rakesh Asthana ousted from CBI!
- TASMAC surpasses Petta!