According to sources tipplers in Telangana will have to face dry days from Thursday and the distilleries stopped indefinitely the production of hard liquor calling it as Whisky citing the main reason that the government imposed hefty license fees on them. Meanwhile out 19 distilleries in Telangana, 14 manufacturing units have completely halted liquor production.
Moreover as a result, the supply of whisky to the licensed liquor shops will be stopped with the non availability of the stocks. Furthermore the managements of the distilleries have been demanding Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao's government to reduce license fee by 50% for the last two years. Hence after the bifurcation of Andhra, Telangana government doubled the license fee which put heavy burden on distilleries to run the business.
Further the management says Telangana was the lone
state collecting the highest license fee in the country. Moreover the
neighboring Andhra Pradesh did not increase the fee and in Karnataka and Tamilnadu
also, governments are collecting low fees and presently the distilleries
decided not to resume liquor production until the government rolls back the
increased fee structure.
TPCC Working President confident SB Congress winning in Telangana Sources from Vikarabad stated that Telangana Pradesh Congress Committee Working President Revanth Reddy expressed confidence over his win from Kodangal constituency irrespective of the numerous schemes and conspiracies by the Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS) leaders. Meanwhile when speaking at a meeting here, he predicted that Congress President Rahul Gandhi would be elected as the Prime Minister
- Mother of one of 7 convicts in Rajiv Gandhi assassination case met TN Governor
- Maoist killers identified!
- Telangana Governor follows new way in saving Fuel
- Case against Tamilisai soon!
- Hyderabad Metro Rail carries 85,000 Passengers daily
- Baba on moon? Truth or fake?
- Arputhammal gives petition to Governor!
- Rajinikanth to target November or December!
- TN targeted by Maoists?
- Gujarat based Pharma company Sterling Biotech involved in 5000 Crore Bank fraud
- DoT approached SC for Spectrum Dues
- Donald Trump has hit 12% of total US imports by 2018
- Karnataka Govt plans to set up free Wi-Fi in 198 wards
- Kerala to witness heavy rains for next 48 Hours
- 3 Maharashtrian Dishes You Must Prepare for this Ganesh Chaturthi