Thanjavur from Tamilnadu sources stated that after a gap of six years, farmers and people of Cauvery delta districts are going to celebrate Aadi Perukku on August 3 with a brimming Cauvery and its tributaries. Accordingly thanks to heavy rain in catchment areas of Cauvery, Mettur dam filled up to its full level and water was released for cultivation on July 19 by the Tamilnadu Chief Minister Eddapadi K. Palaniswami this year.
Meanwhile water which reached grand anicut was released into Cauvery, Vennar, Grand Anicut canal and Kollidam rivers on July 22. Presently with all the rivers and canals full of water, people are eagerly awaiting Aadi perukku to celebrate it in a grand manner. V. Gopalan, a member of "Pongi vaa Cauvery" an organization to protect Cauvery River "Last year they celebrated Aadi perukku with bore water in the Cauvery at Thiruvaiyaru and this year the river is full and they have to really welcome mother Cauvery”.
Moreover last year, people in Thanjavur celebrated
Aadi Perukku with available water, released by government for Aadi perukku
celebrations, in the Grand Anicut canal. "This year it may be a different
story. From Grand Anicut, 8,016 cusecs is released into Cauvery, 7,008 cusecs
into Vennar, 2,017 cusecs into Grand Anicut canal and 2,003 cusecs into
CBI & ED likely to issue summons for questioning former ICICI Bank CEO Chanda Kochhar According to report CBI sources said former ICICI Bank CEO and MD Chanda Kochhar, her husband Deepak Kochhar and industrialist V.N. Dhoot in connection with the Rs 3,250 crore loan case involving the Videocon Group and ICICI Bank. Meanwhile the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) sources said the agency would initiate the summons as it had completed the scrutiny of documents
- SED of Tamilnadu mulling introducing board exams for classes 5 & 8
- Will YS Jagan become CM of AP as per survey?
- BJP leader wants Kanyakumari!
- Viral video of school students in trains!
- Measures were taken to stop water to Pakistan!
- Kamal says Thiruvarur gave family politics!
- Trump made no mention of China or Huawei, steps back from threat of full ban
- Fight between Swiggy & Zomato extends to takeover of Uber Eats
- Summer Season to be hotter than normal in Karnataka
- Congress questions BJP as either PM was completely oblivious to Pulwama attack
- Why Vijayakanth pretty unhappy with BJP-AIADMK response to DMDK ambition?
- YSRCP attacks TDP saying AP has 59 Lakh Fake Voters
- Telangana Govt announces Rs.25 Lakhs to Families of Pulwama attack jawans
- 2019 Elections testing waters for YS Jagan's stamina
- Animosity between AP people & Central government out in the open