New Delhi sources stated that the Railway Ministry on Thursday announced that it is likely to increase the vacancies for Assistant Loco Pilots and Technicians from 26,502 advertised earlier to nearly 60,000. A Ministry statement said "The Ministry had earlier announced the recruitment for 26,502 such posts in February that more than 47 lakh candidates applied to take the recruitment examination. Meanwhile the notified 26,502 vacancies are likely to be increased to about 60,000”.
Furthermore the Indian Railways is likely to recruit more than one lakh personnel on various posts in the current financial year through the Railway Recruitment Board. Moreover the Ministry said that maximum care has been taken to allocate centres to the candidates in the same or nearby cities for the recruitment test which will be held soon.
Hence around nine lakh candidates from Bihar, 9.5 lakh from Uttar Pradesh
and nearly 4.5 lakh from Rajasthan applied for the recruitment exam. The ministry
said "Interstate movement of some candidates is inevitable and it was
ensured that candidates who had applied early are accommodated in their own or
nearby cities and states whereas those who applied late had to be moved out”.
Major Political Parties in Telangana gearing up for campaigning Hyderabad sources reported that Telangana caretaker chief minister K Chandrasekhar Rao will kick-start his campaign addressing 28 public meetings which will cover 66 of 119 constituencies in the state. Accordingly United Progressive Alliance chairperson and former Congress party president Sonia Gandhi is expected to begin her Telangana campaign on November 23.
- Mickey Mouse character turned 90 on Sunday
- More Rain anticipated in Tamilnadu from November 19
- Cyclone Gaja death toll in TN rose from 33 to 45
- Sirisena dissolved parliament, announced snap polls on January 5, 2019
- Can KCR win Elections by doing Yagams & Homams alone?
- Will Sharmila Jagan contest from Hyderabad?
- Sonia Gandhi to address a Public Meeting in Telangana on November 23
- Today is the Last day for filing nominations for Telangana Assembly Elections