New Delhi sources stated that the Railway Ministry on Thursday announced that it is likely to increase the vacancies for Assistant Loco Pilots and Technicians from 26,502 advertised earlier to nearly 60,000. A Ministry statement said "The Ministry had earlier announced the recruitment for 26,502 such posts in February that more than 47 lakh candidates applied to take the recruitment examination. Meanwhile the notified 26,502 vacancies are likely to be increased to about 60,000”.
Furthermore the Indian Railways is likely to recruit more than one lakh personnel on various posts in the current financial year through the Railway Recruitment Board. Moreover the Ministry said that maximum care has been taken to allocate centres to the candidates in the same or nearby cities for the recruitment test which will be held soon.
Hence around nine lakh candidates from Bihar, 9.5 lakh from Uttar Pradesh
and nearly 4.5 lakh from Rajasthan applied for the recruitment exam. The ministry
said "Interstate movement of some candidates is inevitable and it was
ensured that candidates who had applied early are accommodated in their own or
nearby cities and states whereas those who applied late had to be moved out”.
New deadline for commissioning Kerala's Vizinjam Port extended to October 2020 Accordingly Vizhinjam Port, one of Kerala's dream projects that have been hanging fire for over 25 years, will be commissioned in October 2020. Meanwhile when addressing reporters in Thiruvananthapuram on Thursday, Rajesh Jha, CEO, Adani Vizhinjam Port Pvt Ltd, said that even though the original agreement was to complete the work and commission the port in 1,425 days, due to some issues it has been postponed to October 2020.
- COAI feels new regulations are vague to violate privacy of users
- Overall Vegetable prices in January declined 4.21%
- BJP to make alliance announcement soon: Piyush Goyal
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick had great time on Valentines Day
- Dewan Housing Finance shares slumped to an intraday low of Rs. 103.95
- Ooty Lake to be cleaned soon
- TN soldier's family and village saddened by death!
- #PulwamaTerroristAttack - Brave Father's inspiring quote after son's death in Pulwama!
- Suicide bomber was 11th class dropout!
- School girl murder mystery resolved!
- Air India flights to Iraq begins operations after 30 years
- Dhanush congratulated Sai Pallavi for beating her own record saying 200 Million
- Protest shutdown against terror attack affects life in Jammu
- Telangana Municipalities good news for Families below poverty line
- CRPF Jawans victimized in Jammu & Kashmir