Hyderabad sources stated that a top police official said yesterday Telangana police is now equipped with another 'powerful' tool 'Facial Recognition System' (FRS) that would help them prevent crime and identify criminals/suspects at lightning speed. Meanwhile State Director General of Police M Mahendar Reddy told reporters FRS is an integrated feature of TSCOP mobile app for assisting investigation officers for developing effective and efficient services to citizens and thereby improving responsiveness.
Furthermore he said the tool allows police to identify potential offenders by comparing a suspect's face with lakhs of digital photographs of people including offenders, wanted and those missing stored in the central database of Crime and Criminal Tracking Network and Systems (CCTNS). Moreover the whole process would only take a few seconds, he said adding in case of photographs matching, and investigation officers can carry out manual comparison and proceed for further confirmation using other information.
Reddy said “The central database of photographs
will be updated regularly through CCTNS implemented in all police stations
across the state”. The DGP said the photographs of people that do not match
with the central database would automatically be discarded and shall not be
stored anywhere in the system. Further the main objective of the app (TSCOP)
launched earlier this year is to ensure better collaboration and operational
efficiency of the police at all levels in the districts and Commissioner
across the state.
Did Governor E.S.L. Narasimhan brought KCR closer to BJP? Accordingly Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N. Chandrababu Naidu makes regular visits to AP & Telangana Governor E.S.L Narasimhan to inform him of the challenges the state is facing in the aftermath of bifurcation. While it is protocol to apprehend the Governor on the developments and challenges in Andhra Pradesh as the head of a state, TDP cadre and the people of AP feel that these regular meetings with Narasimhan are futile.
- Cyclonic storm Gaja to bring heavy Rainfall Coupled with Gale Wind
- Puducherry CM slammed KCR
- Why Prabhas not showing interest in his marriage?
- Chandrababu Naidu released TDPs candidates list for Telangana Polls
- Pawan Kalyan contributed Rs. 100 for serving people
- World's biggest OIL supplier Saudi Arabia announced plans to cut production
- Tougher laws & stricter implementation for rapism & Murder against girls: Rajinikanth
- Cochin International Airport bags an award
- 1000 War rockets to be preserved at Museum
- TN Matriculation Head orders Schools not to collect Money by threatening parents
- Alibaba makes record selling in first five minutes & $10 billion figure achieved
- Distributing 1 Lakh Cows per year is in BJPs Manifesto
- 69% Pakistanis aged 15-65 years don't know what the Internet is!!!
- Why Pasupuleti Balaraju quit TDP joined Janasena Party?
- Telangana Polls scheduled to be held by December 7