New Delhi sources reported that after opposing any move to divide Karnataka, former prime minister and JD(S) supreme HD Deve Gowda on Thursday appealed to the people of north Karnataka not to get provoked by the BJP, and said the demand for a separate statehood for the region will not be met during his or his son and Chief Minister H D Kumaraswamy's lifetime.
Meanwhile Gowda's remarks came on a day the Uttara Karnataka Pratyeka Rajya Horata Samiti, a committee fighting for a separate statehood to north Karnataka, called a day long bandh in 13 districts.he said "No injustice has been meted out to north Karnataka in allotment of funds in the state budget," and moreover hit out at BJP state president B S Yeddyurappa for trying to create unrest through "malicious propaganda".
He also told news agency that "The provocation
made by Yeddyurappa will not come true. We will take care of it. If some people
demand a separate north Karnataka, he wants to tell them it will not happen,
not during his lifetime and not during his son's lifetime”. Moreover he alleged
that the BJP state president is "provoking" people of north
Karnataka, as his "anger has not cooled down" after failing to form
the government despite winning substantial seats.
Cryptocurrency - The basics and all you need to know Cryptocurrency is a digital currency which is a medium of exchange. The transactions are verified and secured through cryptographic Methods, cryptocurrencies are made as database entries which can't be modified without meeting specific requirements.
- Madras HC orders for no flex boards for Jayalalitha's Birthday
- From March 3, eateries no longer allowed to reuse cooking oil more than 3 times
- New deadline for commissioning Kerala's Vizinjam Port extended to October 2020
- COAI feels new regulations are vague to violate privacy of users
- Overall Vegetable prices in January declined 4.21%
- BJP to make alliance announcement soon: Piyush Goyal
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick had great time on Valentines Day
- Dewan Housing Finance shares slumped to an intraday low of Rs. 103.95
- Ooty Lake to be cleaned soon
- TN soldier's family and village saddened by death!
- #PulwamaTerroristAttack - Brave Father's inspiring quote after son's death in Pulwama!
- Suicide bomber was 11th class dropout!
- School girl murder mystery resolved!
- Air India flights to Iraq begins operations after 30 years
- Dhanush congratulated Sai Pallavi for beating her own record saying 200 Million