Washington sources reported that US government on Thursday accused Russia of carrying out a "pervasive" campaign to influence public opinion and elections, in public warning just months before crucial legislative elections. Dan Coats, the director of national intelligence "We continue to see a pervasive messaging campaign from Russia to try and weaken and divide the United States”.
Meanwhile a slew of top US officials including Coats, FBI Director Christopher Wray and Homeland Security chief Kirstjen Nielsen said they would continue to investigate and prosecute those who were trying to sway US opinion or carrying out what Wray described as "information warfare and this is not just an election cycle threat”. Further Wray said. "Our adversaries are trying to undermine our country on a persistent and regular basis, whether its election season or not."
Moreover the two men dismissed suggestions that
President Donald Trump, who has repeatedly denied Russia helped him get
elected, is not taking the issue seriously. Further in a letter to Congress,
National Security Advisor John Bolton said the administration had taken
"extensive, historic action" to stop the threat. Trump has mulled
easing sanctions against Russia. He has met with Russian President Vladimir
Putin and refused to criticize him for meddling in the 2016 election.
Trump cancelled his own participation in Davos, citing row over his proposed wall Washington sources reported that President Donald Trump on Thursday cancelled the US delegation's trip to the annual international conference at Davos, saying the officials were needed in Washington to tackle the shutdown of the federal government. A statement from Press Secretary Sarah Sanders said "Out of consideration for the 800,000 great American workers not receiving pay and to ensure
- Telangana & AP extended time limit for interstate transfers
- Trump coming out with reforms giving H-1B visa holders certainty to stay in US
- SC appoints Ombudsman for Hardik & Rahul comments
- Rakesh Asthana ousted from CBI!
- TASMAC surpasses Petta!
- Congress MP's trolls Amit and gets criticism!
- World's top four Richest Celebrity list with their individual net worth
- RBI Governor to cut Interest Rates
- PhonePe seen a remarkable growth in 2018 in offline business
- Vijayashanthi questions Why TRS shows fake statements
- SC orders protection for counterfeit travelers in Sabarimala issue
- Boxing Legend Muhammad Ali name for US Airport
- Reliance Jio Net Profit jumped to 65%
- Arun Jaitley to increase Income Tax Slabs Tax Rate
- Ola Money Postpaid offers a 15 day credit line to passengers