Washington sources reported that US government on Thursday accused Russia of carrying out a "pervasive" campaign to influence public opinion and elections, in public warning just months before crucial legislative elections. Dan Coats, the director of national intelligence "We continue to see a pervasive messaging campaign from Russia to try and weaken and divide the United States”.
Meanwhile a slew of top US officials including Coats, FBI Director Christopher Wray and Homeland Security chief Kirstjen Nielsen said they would continue to investigate and prosecute those who were trying to sway US opinion or carrying out what Wray described as "information warfare and this is not just an election cycle threat”. Further Wray said. "Our adversaries are trying to undermine our country on a persistent and regular basis, whether its election season or not."
Moreover the two men dismissed suggestions that
President Donald Trump, who has repeatedly denied Russia helped him get
elected, is not taking the issue seriously. Further in a letter to Congress,
National Security Advisor John Bolton said the administration had taken
"extensive, historic action" to stop the threat. Trump has mulled
easing sanctions against Russia. He has met with Russian President Vladimir
Putin and refused to criticize him for meddling in the 2016 election.
Owner charged for forcing Indian Woman Atlanta sources reported that the owner of several Milwaukee area gas stations who was indicted for forced labor involving aggravated abuse harboring an alien for financial gain, and document servitude has reached a plea deal in the federal case against him. Meanwhile according to media reports Harshinder Bhatia agreed to plead guilty to a federal charge of “harboring an alien for financial gain”.
- Cyclone Gaja expected to hit coastal Tamilnadu & AP
- Actor Mohan Babu in support of TRS Party
- Green Challenge thrown by Telangana Government
- Wildfire in California killed 23
- New Rule in solving problems faced in NRI Marriages
- Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macao bridge anticipated to have 5G service
- AP CM Chandrababu Naidu expands his Cabinet with 2 Ministers
- Do you know which is Indias Most CONGESTED PLACE?
- Why Chiranjeevi neither meets Rahul Gandhi nor attends any Congress meetings?
- Minister's controversial talks!
- ADMK member ousted for sexual misconduct!
- RTI reveals truth in Rajiv killers plea!
- Gaja arrives soon, Red Alert!
- Demonetization & GST holds back India's growth: Raghuram Rajan
- Why Naidu meeting all leaders who are already opposed to PM Narendra Modi: Dr. Tamilisai