Washington sources reported that US government on Thursday accused Russia of carrying out a "pervasive" campaign to influence public opinion and elections, in public warning just months before crucial legislative elections. Dan Coats, the director of national intelligence "We continue to see a pervasive messaging campaign from Russia to try and weaken and divide the United States”.
Meanwhile a slew of top US officials including Coats, FBI Director Christopher Wray and Homeland Security chief Kirstjen Nielsen said they would continue to investigate and prosecute those who were trying to sway US opinion or carrying out what Wray described as "information warfare and this is not just an election cycle threat”. Further Wray said. "Our adversaries are trying to undermine our country on a persistent and regular basis, whether its election season or not."
Moreover the two men dismissed suggestions that
President Donald Trump, who has repeatedly denied Russia helped him get
elected, is not taking the issue seriously. Further in a letter to Congress,
National Security Advisor John Bolton said the administration had taken
"extensive, historic action" to stop the threat. Trump has mulled
easing sanctions against Russia. He has met with Russian President Vladimir
Putin and refused to criticize him for meddling in the 2016 election.
AICC names leaders for 10 election related committees Hyderabad sources reported that the Congress on Wednesday named newcomer legislator A. Revanth Reddy and former MP Ponnam Prabhakar as working presidents of the Telangana state Congress. Mr Mallu Bhatti Vikramarka, who held the position earlier, has been made chairman of the campaign committee. Meanwhile AICC president Rahul Gandhi appointed politician turned actor Vijayashanti
- Stormy Daniels claimed that US President has 'an unusual penis'
- Can we know in advance about the condition & intensity of rains?
- Moon's mediation & Kim's commitment at summit satisfied Washington
- India complaints on Brutal killing of BSF Soldier by Pakistan troopers
- PM Narendra Modi catapults more projects in Varanasi
- Hong Kong based airline painted out error in Company's Name
- Big win for Women Rights activists in Muslim Community in india
- EC yet to come out with poll schedule for Telangana
- UP Govt Doctors to stage protest on October 1
- Is Kapu community is moving away from YCP?
- Another brutal murder in Andhra - SHOCKING BRUTAL VIDEO Inside
- Stalin demands resignation of Thangamani!
- Will Congress give Special Status to AP?
- PMK ropes in an actor!
- You will be shocked to know Modi's asset value - No Cars or Houses!