London sources reported that the Bank of England (BoE) on Thursday raised its key interest rate by a quarter of a percentage point, from 0.5% to 0.75% the highest level since March 2009. As per report it is only the second increase in the bank rate since July 2007 and the move will increase the interest costs of more than three and a half million residential mortgages that have variable or tracker rates.
Moreover according to the Guardian, the bank's nine member Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) voted unanimously for the increase, judging that the economy had bounced back from a soft patch earlier this year triggered by the freezing weather and heavy snowfall from the "beast from the east". Moreover while warning Brexit could blow the economy off course, the MPC said recent readings for economic growth "appear to confirm that the dip in output in the first quarter was temporary, with momentum recovering in the second quarter".
Accordingly the BoE said in a statement that the
committee "continues to judge that the UK economy currently has a very
limited degree of slack" and labor demand growth remains
"robust". Further this reflects tightening in the labor market, with
indicators of pay growth strengthening and pay growth projected to rise
Chandrababu Naidu released TDPs candidates list for Telangana Polls Accordingly after Big brother of Grand Alliance Congress announced its first list, even TDP announced its first list, late on Monday night. TDP's national president and AP CM Chandrababu Naidu have okayed names of 9 candidates in the first list for Telangana polls.
- Pawan Kalyan contributed Rs. 100 for serving people
- World's biggest OIL supplier Saudi Arabia announced plans to cut production
- Tougher laws & stricter implementation for rapism & Murder against girls: Rajinikanth
- Cochin International Airport bags an award
- 1000 War rockets to be preserved at Museum
- TN Matriculation Head orders Schools not to collect Money by threatening parents
- Alibaba makes record selling in first five minutes & $10 billion figure achieved
- Distributing 1 Lakh Cows per year is in BJPs Manifesto
- 69% Pakistanis aged 15-65 years don't know what the Internet is!!!
- Why Pasupuleti Balaraju quit TDP joined Janasena Party?
- Telangana Polls scheduled to be held by December 7
- Trump missing from one of weekend's most powerful images
- TRS MP Kavita attacked TPCC Chief
- Stalin condemns Periyar caste reference!
- Gaja storm getting intensified!