According to sources two videos of former Madras High Court judge A Selvam have been going viral on social media for the last few days, for all good reasons. He was clad in a T-shirt and a pair of shorts, and a towel tied around his head, the veteran judge is seen ploughing a field on a tractor with aplomb. Meanwhile after his superannuation at the age of 62, A Selvam took off to his native Pulankurichi in Tiruppattur Taluk of Sivaganga district, to pursue what he always wanted to do agriculture.
He said “Agriculture is his original profession and he doesn’t feel a big shift from his past profession as a judge”. Moreover A Selvam comes an agricultural family that has been growing crops for around 100 years. The retired judge said “Fortunately or unfortunately, he studied well and hence was sent off to Madurai to study Law,” who served as a judge in Madurai and then came to Chennai as a Judge at the request of Justice Sanjay Kishen Kaul in 2015.
He was retired in April 2018, the former judge is
now tilling his five acre ancestral field in Pulankurichi. Furthermore a typical
day for A Selvam begins at 6 am and ends at 6 p.m and he ploughs the land
himself, drives the tractor and knows all the operations related to
agriculture. Presently that he has “closed one chapter in his life”, as he puts
it, judge Selvam signs off saying, “What gives him true happiness is doing
agriculture on his land here and get a good harvest and it feels great to be in
the midst of nature.”
CBI & ED likely to issue summons for questioning former ICICI Bank CEO Chanda Kochhar According to report CBI sources said former ICICI Bank CEO and MD Chanda Kochhar, her husband Deepak Kochhar and industrialist V.N. Dhoot in connection with the Rs 3,250 crore loan case involving the Videocon Group and ICICI Bank. Meanwhile the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) sources said the agency would initiate the summons as it had completed the scrutiny of documents
- SED of Tamilnadu mulling introducing board exams for classes 5 & 8
- Will YS Jagan become CM of AP as per survey?
- BJP leader wants Kanyakumari!
- Viral video of school students in trains!
- Measures were taken to stop water to Pakistan!
- Kamal says Thiruvarur gave family politics!
- Trump made no mention of China or Huawei, steps back from threat of full ban
- Fight between Swiggy & Zomato extends to takeover of Uber Eats
- Summer Season to be hotter than normal in Karnataka
- Congress questions BJP as either PM was completely oblivious to Pulwama attack
- Why Vijayakanth pretty unhappy with BJP-AIADMK response to DMDK ambition?
- YSRCP attacks TDP saying AP has 59 Lakh Fake Voters
- Telangana Govt announces Rs.25 Lakhs to Families of Pulwama attack jawans
- 2019 Elections testing waters for YS Jagan's stamina
- Animosity between AP people & Central government out in the open