Islamabad sources reported that Imran Khan, who is set to become Pakistan's new Prime Minister, may take oath of the office on the country's Independence Day on August 14. Meanwhile a media report said Khan's Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf (PTI) emerged as the single largest party in the July 25 elections, winning 116 National Assembly seats out of the contested 270 parliamentary constituencies.
Previously on July 30, Khan, 65, had expressed his desire to take the oath of Prime Minister on August 11, as his party announced that it had acquired enough seats in the lower house through coalition talks to form a majority government. Caretaker Law Minister Ali Zafar told "It is his and caretaker prime minister retired Justice Nasirul Mulk's desire that the oath taking of the new prime minister should take place on August 14”.
Furthermore when unveiling a tentative schedule of the National Assembly
formation, the minister said the Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) was
already on board as it was engaged in making necessary arrangements required to
hold the prime minister's election on the desired date. Zafar said a fresh
session of the assembly could be called on August on 11 or 12.
2 Indian Iconic Cricketers makes their Kollywood debut Reportedly popular cricketers Irfan Pathan and Harbhajan who have good number of fans in Chennai, after having played for Chennai Super Kings IPL cricket team, are all set to make their Kollywood debut soon. It was reported that Irfan Pathan has been roped in to play a role in the upcoming Vikram starrer
- NASA manages to locate Chandrayaan 2's Vikram Lander for the Second time
- Penalty imposed on SB & LVB for non-compliance with RBIs directions on Frauds classification
- Will justice be delivered to RTC Employees & People of Telangana?
- Chiranjeevi To Bridge The Gap Between Tollywood and Jagan
- Is it Self Dismiss? Or Self-Goal?
- PM Modi addressed rally at Kurukshetra in support of BJP candidate for Haryana assembly election
- HAL Employees to continue indefinite strike, talks failed
- Chennai will finally get a mayor after a gap of Eight years
- Reliance Jio unveiled an AI based Video Call Assistant (Bot) at India Mobile Congress (IMC) 2019
- Jagan Becoming Headache To KCR
- Heavy rain likely to lash Coastal AP: IMD
- Delhi Pollution Control Committee started night patrolling to prevent dust emission
- Why Pakistan is isolated by all countries in FATF?
- Jagan Proves To Be Rightful Than Chandrababu
- IRCTC IPO subscribed nearly 112 times on back of strong demand across investor categories