Islamabad sources reported that Imran Khan, who is set to become Pakistan's new Prime Minister, may take oath of the office on the country's Independence Day on August 14. Meanwhile a media report said Khan's Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf (PTI) emerged as the single largest party in the July 25 elections, winning 116 National Assembly seats out of the contested 270 parliamentary constituencies.
Previously on July 30, Khan, 65, had expressed his desire to take the oath of Prime Minister on August 11, as his party announced that it had acquired enough seats in the lower house through coalition talks to form a majority government. Caretaker Law Minister Ali Zafar told "It is his and caretaker prime minister retired Justice Nasirul Mulk's desire that the oath taking of the new prime minister should take place on August 14”.
Furthermore when unveiling a tentative schedule of the National Assembly
formation, the minister said the Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) was
already on board as it was engaged in making necessary arrangements required to
hold the prime minister's election on the desired date. Zafar said a fresh
session of the assembly could be called on August on 11 or 12.
Hundreds of people fled fighting in Ghazni Kabul sources reported that an official said Taliban assault on two adjacent checkpoints in northern Afghanistan killed at least 30 soldiers and police, as life gradually returned to normal in parts of the eastern city of Ghazni after a massive insurgent attack last week, with sporadic gun battles still underway in some neighborhoods.
- Rescue work in Kerala continued through night by all three defense forces
- Atal Bihari Vajpayee Cremation held on bank of Yamuna
- Donald Trump & Imran Khan same to same?
- Continued fall in Rupee causing dollar to gain
- Visveswaraya Tech University made Kannada Language compulsory
- With no help in sight, Kerala people requesting Social Media for Rescue
- Earthquake in Bengaluru? People in Shock!
- Actor Prithiviraj's mother rescued!
- Vajpayee's words to Chinnapillai!
- TN Government announces public holiday!
- 200 Patients & Staff members evacuated from Pathanamthitta flooded Hospital
- Student's Open letter to PM Narendra Modi explaining hardships faced due to NEET
- Pawan Kalyan released Manifesto Vision for forthcoming 2019 Elections
- Demand for Air tickets has gone up for Kerala & Karnataka
- Personal Life of Vajpayee is filled with Positivity