The first test match of India's tour of England, held at Birmingham had concluded yesterday, as Indian batsmen fell like a pack of cards, losing the match by 31 runs. During the match, in the second innings of England, Ishant Sharma had claimed the wicket of batsman David Malan, and after claiming the wicket, Ishant had broken into a celebratory mode.
Now, ICC has penalized Ishant Sharma for his celebration of Malan's wicket, claiming that it was against the rules and regulations. While the first innings saw Ravichandran Ashwin claiming a fifer, the second innings saw the comeback to form of Ishant Sharma who wrecked the English batting lineup claiming 5 wickets, but still poor batting lead to India Losing the match by 31 runs.
After David Malan's dismissal, by
Rahane's catch at the slip, Ishant had went near him and whispered something in
his ears, and ICC has declared that this was an action provoking the batsman,
as per complaints by the umpires, and this is a first level offence as per ICC
rules. Ishant Sharma had been fined 15% of his match fee as penalty
besides one demerit point.
Low Pressure belt turned depression in Bay of Bengal, warning for Coastal AP According to sources the Meteorological Department has issued a cyclone warning for the coastal districts in Andhra Pradesh and advised the fishermen against venturing into the sea for the next 24 hours. As per report the department forecasted that heavy rains are likely to occur in Srikakulam, Vizianagaram, Visakhapatnam, East Godavari, West Godavari, Krishna and Guntur districts.
- Supreme Court judge wins hearts!
- Will Youth involve in Local Politics?
- Iconic ecologist warned Goa may face same fate as Kerala
- Vedanta aims to hike production to 3,00,000 bpd per day
- Why Bushra Maneka expressed her fear after Imran sworn in as PM?
- Tamilnadu Govt will disburse compensation for damaged crops
- US ended development fund for Syria
- Kerala CM feels proud of unity of his people during Flood
- Kerala people's tearful stories of rescue, at relief camp
- Industrialist becomes popular with cinematic apology!
- Hero Cycles ready to give a Brand New Cycle to Anupriya who donated her 4-years savings to Kerala Floods
- #Vijayakanth at Karunanidhi Memorial
- India's first win in Asian games!
- 50 villages in Erode hit by floods!
- Temporary respite as rains lessens in Kerala!